PDA

View Full Version : Hearing dogs for the deaf

toppers
06-09-2007, 09:22 AM
Hi
I've just had a litter of pups and one of them is to be chosen to train as a hearing dog for the deaf. We're all so excited!!:D

dobetaztic
06-09-2007, 12:20 PM
well done you should be proud, your giving a deaf person more freedom good luck with your pup.

lovethatdogg
06-15-2007, 05:50 PM
Wow, that is amazing. I acctually was just watching a thing on tv about hearing dogs. They like let the trainer know when the phone rang and stuff. Nice job!!! :D

toppers
06-16-2007, 09:40 AM
They desperately need dogs. Small to medium sized. Anyone with unwanted puppies, or that can spare a puppy from their litter should think about donating.:) If you are in the UK and would like to donate a puppy/litter I can pass on the details to you.

lovethatdogg
06-19-2007, 02:05 AM
I would be interested but i do not have any. But that sounds nice.

jango
06-20-2007, 09:53 PM
Hi Everyone. I am new to this but desperation has forced my arm!
I know of a collie-cross, a lovely gentle lady whose been working with a deaf lad for seven years. Unfortunately, he passed away last year and the lady - called 'Sweep'!, has since been neglected and is in desperate need of a good home. She loves children and knows voice commands and sign language. I have been in touch with 'hearing dogs' but they say that she is too old now (she'll be eight in September) to work with anyone.
It's such a real shame and my heart bleeds for her. She's retired and on the scrap heap, or so it would seem.
Is there anyone who knows of anyone who could offer her a loving home and some tlc?
Please feel free to contact me on 01443 431131 (Rhondda Valley) South Wales.
email:janoshawkins@aol.com
Thank you in advance

colliecrazy
06-29-2007, 01:00 PM
thats great, what a great job they do.

hippymuso
08-23-2007, 05:37 AM
Hi Jango, I suppose its too late now but I would take her in a heart beat. Trouble is I'm in Australia so it probably isnt much use (sigh).
I have a Smithfield (looks like a cross between and old english and a border colle) she works with me at an elderly home. I wouldn't be without her. If she's still around, try some of the elderly homes, im sure they would love her. Good luck, Hippy in Oz