PDA

View Full Version : The Dreaded Squirrel!!

6dogmom
08-19-2008, 02:23 AM
I have this fox squirrel that lives somewhere near my house. (If anyone hasn't seen a fox squirrel they are big compared to a regular one) He visits my yard everyday around 4 or 5pm just to drive my guys nuts.
He will go up trees and down trees and jump and climb and my guys try so hard to catch that little devil.
Well today Ty had that squirrel trapped in that tree for four hours and through a pretty hard rain shower. That's dedication. ( If anyone doesn't know Ty, he will prance like a little sissy through wet grass. It's not that he doesn't like water but he doesn't like to get his feet dirty very often)
So today he had that squirrel in the tree he was jumping about 6 feet off the ground straight up. It was sooooo cool.
At one point he was watching the tree and the squirrel started coming down the opposite side, I saw it, Ty did not. I waited for it to get closer then I alerted Ty he was so fast but the squirrel was faster. I finally called him in at dark.
It was very cool to see the natural side of him.
If you have a great story of seeing your dogs natural side I would love to hear it.

Shells_k
08-19-2008, 03:14 AM
you go Ty! :D

gsdmama
08-19-2008, 05:02 PM
I have 3 brown squirrels that torment Joey. Every morning at 6am they sit on the telephone pole in our backyard and chatter up a storm, teasing Joey, it sounds like haha you can't get us. i now wait till about 7am to let him run loose.

dobetaztic
08-19-2008, 07:00 PM
my first dobie use to chase squirrels till the day he forgot to stop running and ran up a tree and got stuck i had to get the firebrigade the police came because they didnt believe me i had a dobermann stuck up a tree

REWOPJMP
08-19-2008, 08:13 PM
Great story any Pictures of that.

6dogmom
08-19-2008, 08:15 PM
That's funny, now I will have to make sure he doesn't get stuck in the tree.

Shells_k
08-20-2008, 01:28 AM
my first dobie use to chase squirrels till the day he forgot to stop running and ran up a tree and got stuck i had to get the firebrigade the police came because they didnt believe me i had a dobermann stuck up a tree

LOL what a sight to see that must have been!

LabMomHouston
08-20-2008, 02:56 AM
Our squirrels around here will bark back at Guns...he hates squirrels with a passion. And they will hang out on the truck of the tree right outside the fence where he can see them but they know he cannot get to them. It's hilarious. Sometimes he will sit at the window and patrol the backyard until he sees one wondering around in the yard....then he start whining to go out. Its too funny...he and Bell run out as fast as they can and Bell is barking and fussing all the way to the back of the yard, but I don't even know if she understands what they are chasing. It's hilarious.

gsdmama
09-04-2008, 07:07 PM
I have the same problem too, but with the dreaded brown squirrel. Every day at 6am they hang out on top of the tool shed at the back of the property, which happens to be located in the dogs yard, and the squirrels sit there and chatter up a storm. This past Monday Joey nearly or did break down the screen door to get to the backyard(they are only allowed back there when we are out there due to the pool) to chase the squrrels.

lucysnewmum
09-04-2008, 08:49 PM
ROFL ...hahahaha where was your video camera? would have loved to have that! ~Doberman up a tree :eek: hahahaha

6dogmom
09-04-2008, 09:00 PM
Just a little note to everyone, the squirrel hasn't been back since that day.
Ty's the winner!

johnanddoggies
09-06-2008, 09:45 AM
way to go ty. I love it when a dog has his day