PDA

View Full Version : Bernese Mountain Dogs for just $600

annjames
01-21-2007, 02:25 PM
WELCOME
We at Prairie Branch Kennel strive to raise high quality Bernese Mountain Dogs, that are well socialized, with outstanding temperments,as well as a dog that represents the highest standard of the breed. We spare no expense or time to provide our dogs with a caring, clean environment in hopes of bringing together happy, healthy Bernese puppies with loving families.We dont just raise dogs, we hope to bring you your next family member

About us
Our kennel is family owned and operated. With Ann, James, daughter Kim and son jimmy and tina, James's sister , as the care givers of our beautiful Bernese Mountain Dogs.We live in the Beautiful Ozarks in Mansfield Missouri on 40 acres , which provides lots or room and fresh air for everyone. We have been doing this for 8 years and have loved every minute of it.We feel privileged and blessed to be able to share our lives with this outstanding breed, The Bernese Mountain Dog

Puppy Guarantee
We offer a 1 year guarantee against genetic and congenital defects. Our pups are checked by a vet and receive their first series of vaccinations and de-worming before they are released to their new famalies at the age of 8 or 9 weeks

Shipping
We offer Shipping in the U.S. and Canada.The pups are put on the airplane early in the morning or early afternoon. They have food and water in there travel kennel. Our puppies have always arrived to there destination safe, sound, in good spirits and ready to meet their new family. Cost of shipping usually runs about 250.00 including the travel crate, health certificate and insurance. There will be puppy food on the crate when your puppy arrives. If you feed this for a couple of days and mix it with the food you will be feeding it will make it easier on the pup to change over to its new food. We recommend a high quality puppy food such as Iams, Eukanuba, or Purina Pro Plan Large breed puppy food.

We enjoy keeping in contact with the many new friends we have made through the adoption or our puppies, and have enjoyed watching the pups grow through the shared family pictures. We are always available by e-mail or phone for any questions or concerns about your new puppy.

The Prairie Branch Kennel is a proud member of the American Kennel Club (AKC)

Feel free to contact us as we would consider it a privilege to help you find your perfect puppy and next family member.
AnnjamesBernese@aol.com.

LoveMyLabs
09-28-2007, 06:37 AM
Your kidding right? Advertising dogs like this.

A 1 year guarantee doesn't cover much health wise. Most breeders offer 2 years minimum - this way eyes, elbows and hips can be checked and or certified. Health problems tend to take at least 2 years to develop if they are hereditary...unless the dog is from very poor breeding stock, then it could start as early as 6 months.
Are your dogs OFA certified? Have they been checked for the breeds specific hereditary diseases such as hip and elbow dysplasia. They are also prone to cancer, bloat and eyelid problems.

You don't give vaccines and deworming at 6 weeks? Only 8 or 9? Why is that? Most breeders give 1st vaccines and deworming (if needed) at 6 wks and 9 wks. Typically every 3 weeks until they are 4-6 mo old. Mainly because by 6 wks they are off mothers milk (which provides antibodies) and need additional immune support.

Are they indoor or outdoor dogs? How many times a year do you typically breed? How much does your breeding bitch weigh? Have either parents competed in conformation, agility or field trials? What kind of pedigree do the parents have? Any titles?

Just curious. I breed Labs and like to find out where I stand with other breeders and their expectations. If I excel where others fail or fail where others excel. I try to learn and ask as many questions as possible. If I can, I help when needed. Don't take offense. :)

LabMomHouston
09-28-2007, 01:22 PM
Well you have to admit its a pretty good advertising forum. Atleast you know the people here care about their animals.

But before I'd consider I would want to know many of the questions LovemyLabs asked and see the sales contract. LML sounds much like the breeder we purchased Bella from. I was truly impressed about how thorough the breeder was. Our guarantee is for 2.5 years for hip and elbow, ocd, retinal displaysia, and genetic epilepsy. We had the right to return the dog wi 14 days for whatever reason, no questions asked for a full refund. Also within the first 10 days they would be responsible for any serious medical condition the puppy developed up to the purchase price. They had 2 sets of vaccines and wormed 3 times. The breeder sat down with us when we went over the sales contract, provided a notebook with copies of the pedigrees and photos of both sire and dam, copies of cerf and ofa certs, and optigen tests. It also included puppy care tips, crate training tips, & vaccination schedule. They also said Bella will always have a home there. If for whatever reason we cannot care for her, they request we contact them to return her.

I guess now I am spoiled as far as breeders are concerned. I will question more and want to see certs....whereas before I would just take the information at face value. We should all ask for this when looking at a puppy we are purchasing. This will help make sure we are getting a dog that is less likely to develop conditions that affect our breed.

Suz23
09-28-2007, 10:06 PM
What are your dogs hip scores - how far back in the pedigree so you have hip scores for? What about other important health checks - believe me if you do them they should be top of your advertising specially with a large breed like the bernese.

LoveMyLabs
09-29-2007, 12:14 AM
Exactly my point suz. Tira has OFA certs back at least 2 generations, but after 10 years they are taken off the OFA site so you have to ask the breeder about the 3rd generation on back.

If anyone wants to check out my health guarantee and see pics of our first litter go to www.geocities.com/durdenslabs/Durden_Labradors.html

There are 2 links to our pic pages.