K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers (http://www.k9mania.com/forum/index.php)
-   DRAWING FORUM (http://www.k9mania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   #1 What kind of pet service? (http://www.k9mania.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5936)

k9mania 01-07-2008 06:02 AM

#1 Contest What kind of pet service?

We recently had a major discussion about dyeing dogs. This is a service that many of us would not use but is marketable and wanted. There are tons of services that can come out of pet ownership that people can make money on. Do not include facilities because that is another one of the contest questions. Do not only tell us the service describe your vision of how it would work.

What kind of pet SERVICE(not product) that is not already invented do you envision as a good marketable necessity or convenience for pet owners?

grizzle 01-07-2008 11:54 AM

I would like to have a Mobil educational service. It would travel around to elementary schools teaching children all about dogs. All the different breeds and what they looked like. How to care for a dog in health and nutrition. How to behave around a dog and how dogs can help us in everyday life and the service they provide to humans.

LoveMyLabs 01-07-2008 04:29 PM

(along similar lines of Grizzle)

I would want to have a mobile training unit. Trainers would travel from city to city and help dog owners get sit, stay, come, down and lay taught to their dogs. The unit would stay in each city for one week so the new owner and dog get the basics down pretty good. They would then be given a phone number to contact as well as a list of local trainers if they need further help. A pamplet filled with the same basic training information would also be given as well as one free session with a local trainer.

I think this would greatly help in some of the run-away dog cases and help people keep their dog calm at home when visitors come over. It will reduce the need for people to want to get rid of their dogs because they don't listen. More people would be able to safely take their dogs to local parks and not worry about their dog running off or doing something they aren't supposed to do because they will have been trained to sit/stay/come. This can save multiple dog lives, IMO.

Weesha1717 01-07-2008 04:42 PM

I would provide a service for the handicap. As a future special education teacher, I know how much joy is brought by animals to these children/adults. I would provide a service that would help place the perfect animal into their home! We would take the time to fully asses the person's needs/wants and also the special traits of the dog. This may be a double positive seeing that their are so many special need dogs out their that need a home. :)

dobetaztic 01-07-2008 06:06 PM

pet bereavement service

this service would aid owners to cope and overcome their loss it would offer such things of crematorium, burrials, rememberance service, support help line to talk, meating area for groups. tomb stones, music, caskets, and a web site with free and easy access to deal with all needs and questions dealing with pet death for both children and adults. including a forum.

rememberealia such as videos, photo's, sculptures,poems ect of their pets could be made, to help have a keepsake of their pet.

CerbiesMom 01-08-2008 01:29 AM

I would have trainers that go to peoples' houses when they get home from work, and stay with them for 3-4 hours to teach them how to teach their dog. I would want this service to be advertised at shelters and rescue groups, so that when ppl get a new dog, they can learn how to help the dog learn, and this would hopefully reduce the number of adopted dogs that get returned. This service would be for the first week or two(depending on the dog and the people) and there would be an option for a pre-dog visit so the trainers can help the future owners dog or puppy-proof their house.

k9mania 01-08-2008 03:59 PM

Great ideas and many could be businesses. What other services everyone? You are going for a drawing for the sculpture in prizes for 1st drawing in 2008. Think out of the box. Think of services that are needed for the lifestyles in your area.:)

mommieofmany 01-08-2008 04:37 PM

My Idea!!

I would like to do something like the therapy dogs that go to visit at Children's Hospital's, BUT, I would like to send a pet home with each child/family that wanted one. I have a special needs son, who is now 20, that spent a lot of time in our local Children's Hospital when he was younger, and the highlight of his day was seeing those dogs, not only would they come to the rooms to visit, if the child was able they could go to a large room with other kids and dogs and watch them do tricks and interact with the kids, it was GREAT!! I would spend the time for the children to get matched with a pet "just for them", also, teaching them and their family about care for their pet. This would be AWESOME!!

Danielle 01-09-2008 10:00 AM

OK, now I have to warn you all, I have some pretty wacked out ideas sometimes!!!LOL

How about a dog Celebrant/Birthday party planner???

Now you all can stop laughing and read the rest of this post please! LOL!

Some ppl go all out with their dogs and would love to get their dogs married, its such a novel idea and i think that there would be a market for this type of thing with the really eccentric dog owners.

The pet industry will only get bigger and bigger, i mean look how far weve come in the past 10yrs? And if its true that we follow the pet trends in japan, its bound to become an even more profitable industry to be in.

Dog Birthday Parties services would include invitations, booking reservations for function halls, clothes for birthday girl/boy, clothes for doggy guests, and to save guests from hunting around for a gift, there would be a "dogalogue" sent to them with their invitation, they could then pick out some nice piece of "doggy couture" and order it over the phone, then I would have it wrapped and ready for the party.
I would also organise catering (doggy friendly food of course!) and even a liver/beef flavoured cake! I could even offer a photography service for the wedding or birthday party so that the memories would be kept for many years. There could be lots of games and activities included such as Pass the parcel (dogs love this game) and even some agility and flyball games.

Try to have an open mind when reading this, I mean look back 20 yrs ago, noone wouldve ever put snazzy little jackets and shoes on their pup, but look at us now, those things have become more acceptable in todays society because people are now valueing their pets more than they ever have, pets arent just animals anymore, they are truly treated as part of the family. And if a recent study is correct we are now spending more on our pets than we do our children or ourselves!

Weesha1717 01-09-2008 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danielle (Post 23973)
OK, now I have to warn you all, I have some pretty wacked out ideas sometimes!!!LOL

How about a dog Celebrant/Birthday party planner???

Now you all can stop laughing and read the rest of this post please! LOL!

Some ppl go all out with their dogs and would love to get their dogs married, its such a novel idea and i think that there would be a market for this type of thing with the really eccentric dog owners.

The pet industry will only get bigger and bigger, i mean look how far weve come in the past 10yrs? And if its true that we follow the pet trends in japan, its bound to become an even more profitable industry to be in.

Dog Birthday Parties services would include invitations, booking reservations for function halls, clothes for birthday girl/boy, clothes for doggy guests, and to save guests from hunting around for a gift, there would be a "dogalogue" sent to them with their invitation, they could then pick out some nice piece of "doggy couture" and order it over the phone, then I would have it wrapped and ready for the party.
I would also organise catering (doggy friendly food of course!) and even a liver/beef flavoured cake! I could even offer a photography service for the wedding or birthday party so that the memories would be kept for many years. There could be lots of games and activities included such as Pass the parcel (dogs love this game) and even some agility and flyball games.

Try to have an open mind when reading this, I mean look back 20 yrs ago, noone wouldve ever put snazzy little jackets and shoes on their pup, but look at us now, those things have become more acceptable in todays society because people are now valueing their pets more than they ever have, pets arent just animals anymore, they are truly treated as part of the family. And if a recent study is correct we are now spending more on our pets than we do our children or ourselves!

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA i would so be in on that! I would love a planned out birthday bash for my guys!!!