Thread: Shara Stay HELP
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 04:36 PM   #1
Shara
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to Shara
Exclamation Shara Stay HELP

Bah I been working her stays for a month now, making it all positive. When I step off and say stay, I give her a treat, I throw treats at her durring the stay. She has stopped shaking nervously at home.

I go to the club last night, after 1 month off and working alone. Shara busts her stays left and right. Mind you the club is a familiar place to her now, and she just would not stay for ANYTHING.

I went out of sight, she stayed better with me out of sight. At home I can leave her for 10mins and she will stay in the house.

My trainer invited me to the club tonight to work on her, but I dont want to travel to the city AGAIN...to work on this, but Abiline is just next weekend and she is NOT solid on her stays. I just cannot crack her on this, I do NOT know what I am doing wrong.

Ive tried EVERYTHING, all the advice, Ive stuck with X method, only for her to break the stay. Then try another method, she breaks the stay.

My trainer has tried EVERYTHING too, from being rough with her, to giving her treats as she stays for me (to make the 'judge' seem good)

We have put moving objects infront of her, thrown balls, everything, she will stay. SHe will shake but she wil stay. But then go to a competition, she busts.

ANY clue what is going on with her, any suggestions we have not tried? I need help, I am at my wits end.

Last night was the last straw for me mentally as a trainer, I cannot keep doing this with her, its a rollercoaster ride mentally, When I work on her work work work we think we got it down, go test it out she busts.

I thought her stand for exam was an issue, this is no comparrison. I do not know what I am going to do.
~Meredith
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥
Shara is offline   Reply With Quote