Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Health > Raw Diet » Raw diet

Old 07-04-2010, 05:22 AM   #31
2animalcomp2GerSheps
Been Around A While

It is now 14 yrs that I have used the raw (BARF diet). Last Christmas Our older German Shepherd died of old age. She would have been 14 this year. She was never sick. She was very healthy and had good teeth and a beautiful coat. She ate good even on the day she died. The only thing she didn't do that day that she usually did , was to play ball.We now have another younger German Shepherd and a mixed breed that we got from a rescue. They are both on the BARF diet. They are both healthy, got beautiful coats good teeth and lots of energy. They have never been sick either.
2animalcomp2GerSheps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:33 AM   #32
bootscar1
Been Around A While

What an interesting thread and lots of advice as to "how to " if you decide to go raw. I guess its like some people are vegetarians , some eat raw, and some eat meat .... whatever works for you and your dogs although I would think you would feed a quality food if you are feeding commercial. I've had dogs all my life , all were fed commercial and all died of "old age" so I'm comfortable with what and how I'm feeding .... but I'm curious at the same time for raw .. Although I don't think its for me or my pups I appreciated all the posts and I've learned quite a bit about other diets.

Thanks everyone variety and difference keeps a forum interesting ...

Judy
bootscar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 04:15 AM   #33
2animalcomp2GerSheps
Been Around A While

A little over a year ago our son found a pit bull wandering in the desert. He brought her home and kept her. Then about 8 months ago he got a pit bull/mix from a friend that found her wandering on the streets in the area of town where there is a lot of traffic. He gave her to our son. Our son put both dogs on the BARF/ raw diet. because he saw how good our dogs have done on the diet. They are doing good on the diet. They are in good health. Have lots of energy , beautiful coats and good teeth. The vet said they are doing good.
2animalcomp2GerSheps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 03:16 PM   #34
GappyGermanPointer
New Around Here

If you're on a budget then I suggest you take the chicken. You must not only supply your dog with meat but also supply them with carbohydrates such as brown rice.
In caring for your dog, give it the best dog diet and dog food recipes from your heart.
GappyGermanPointer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 02:23 AM   #35
abi_n_beau88
Been Around A While

Send a message via ICQ to abi_n_beau88 Send a message via AIM to abi_n_beau88 Send a message via MSN to abi_n_beau88 Send a message via Yahoo to abi_n_beau88
Quote:
Originally Posted by GappyGermanPointer View Post
If you're on a budget then I suggest you take the chicken. You must not only supply your dog with meat but also supply them with carbohydrates such as brown rice.

Sorry but this is a VERY VERY wrong assumption, dogs are CARNIVORES that means that they cant not digest and thus should not be fed carbs, sugars, veggies, etc....
Im Abi, my boys are:Beau,'07 Lhasa Apso(R.I.P.), Rhett, '11 Border Collie, Leo, '07 Border Collie and Brody, '10 Pug/x
abi_n_beau88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:26 PM   #36
naturalfeddogs
New Around Here

PREYMODELRAW.COM They also have a link to dogfoodchat.com with a raw forum. As a raw feeder myself, depending on the size of yur dog bone in chicken is the starting point. Remove skin and any fat. Once your dog is doing fine with that,go to the next similar protein, turkey. Then on to fish, red meats and after about three months organs.
Jenny

Dogs fed unnatural diets are predisposed to unatural outcomes
naturalfeddogs is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Health > Raw Diet