Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Canine Training > Aggression » Another Pitty Attack

Old 04-15-2010, 05:46 PM   #1
Momto3
Been Around A While

Another Pitty Attack

http://suncoastpasco.tbo.com/content...hanized-today/

Sorry - I don't want one. Of course there's obviously a lot more to the story that didn't show in the paper but I just have a fear of dogs I can't easily grab by the scruff and control when they get a 'tude on. Still I think the parents were nuts to have any dog around a tiny baby. I never even let my Chihuahua around my babies!

Last edited by Momto3 : 04-15-2010 at 05:52 PM.
Sharon - Mom to Mozart, Monte, Merlin and Mylee! my boyz!
Momto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:42 PM   #2
Furbilator
Been Around A While

By the tone of the article it sounds like there might be a dog fighting ring, or at least the mentality surrounding that type of idiocy in the area. Another child was mauled to death by a rottie mix too. The unfortunate thing is that there are too many stupid pet owners and far too many irresponsible breeders who are breeding ever increasingly aggressive pits. It will only be a matter of time before the breed will be extinct sorry to say.

Last edited by Furbilator : 04-16-2010 at 03:14 PM.
All messages have been lab tested and approved!
Furbilator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:05 PM   #3
pennycantu
Been Around A While

i would say that from the looks of the dog, the fact that the tail is between it's legs and the lowering of the head in the picture, this is a fear agressive dog. it's been beaten by it's owners and encouraged to fight other dogs for sport. i sympathise with the loss of their child, but i don't think they would have had custody for long. synical i'm sure but i have a disgust for people who can just have babies like it's nothing and then treat it like a toy or a peice of furniture. i mean really??? sleeping til 11:45am and never heard ANYTHING???. i have 1 child and can't get pregnant again so when people like this have babies, sleep in the same room and then have the nerve to say she never heard anything??? whatever cracked out person! the owners should be put to sleep as well. we as humans should be more selective about who we breed with as well as how we breed our pets....just sayin
pennycantu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:18 PM   #4
6dogmom
Been Around A While

Send a message via AIM to 6dogmom Send a message via MSN to 6dogmom
HOW COME THEY ALWAYS BLAME THE DOG..... NEVER THE OWNER. Sounds crappy to me. When dogs fight and bite they make noise, what was that 16 year old on that made her sleep that good. The whole thing pisses me off. Yet they continue to blame the dog. I think I would be filling child neglect on the mother, but they won't.
With all the BSL around here and this happens. To me it should go back to the people in charge of the dog.
Sorry no more to say, cause nothing I have to say is nice.
6dogmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 11:46 PM   #5
Momto3
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6dogmom View Post
HOW COME THEY ALWAYS BLAME THE DOG..... NEVER THE OWNER. Sounds crappy to me. When dogs fight and bite they make noise, what was that 16 year old on that made her sleep that good. The whole thing pisses me off. Yet they continue to blame the dog. I think I would be filling child neglect on the mother, but they won't.
With all the BSL around here and this happens. To me it should go back to the people in charge of the dog.
Sorry no more to say, cause nothing I have to say is nice.
Formal charges are on the way.When I finally saw the pics of the dog I was OMG but I only do cocker spaniels. Two on death row I will pick up tomorrow. My little eldery rescue boys...home to stay.
Sharon - Mom to Mozart, Monte, Merlin and Mylee! my boyz!
Momto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 03:21 AM   #6
pennycantu
Been Around A While

look at the dog. he's been abused. and if this girl is a mother at 16 who were they living with? her parents, his? or is he of age? if he is, then there's a whole other slew of charges there. nothing nice has to be said in this situation in my opinion. let's not lose site of the fact that a baby died. i honestly don't know what should be done with the dog. can it be rehabilitated?? i don't know. cesar milan should step in and take him on if he can be. i'm so happy to hear though that formal charges are pending. please keep us up to snuff on this situation. so many people want to as you said "blame the dog", and they fail to look at the situation behind the dog's behavior. if this child was having sex at such and early age, it's safe to say she was probably taking drugs as well and may very well have been on something when the attack happened. if that's the case, if it was rx from the dr for pain from child birth or WHATEVER then where was the father, or the people who they were living with in the trailer? it just infuriates me. this mother decided that her child was a rag doll for her dog.
pennycantu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 03:59 AM   #7
Shells_k
Been Around A While

This crap drives me absolutely crazy. Poor baby was killed because some Aholes abused and mistreated their dog......pure and simple. Look at the wounds on that dogs face and the tail tucked.

And PLEASE explain to me why/how that dog had unsupervised (she was sleeping?) contact with a NEWBORN in the first place??????

Quote:
"The most common denominator with fatal attacks is lack of supervision with children and dogs," Crosby said.

And it's not necessarily any one breed that is the culprit of most attacks. In fact, he said, he's seen everything from pit bulls to dachshunds to Pomeranians kill humans

Shells, Jessie, Sugar Booger,
Abby, Molly, Oreo & Puff
.. )) -::-
. .))
((. .. -::-
-::- ((.*
Shells_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 12:21 PM   #8
JessicaR
Been Around A While

sad situation for the baby as well as the dog something like that could have been prevented easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennycantu View Post
if this child was having sex at such and early age, it's safe to say she was probably taking drugs.
I do have to say just because she got pregnant at a young age doesnt mean she was on drugs. I too got pregnant at 16 and I have never touched drugs, cigerettes, or alcohol. Normally I am a very light sleeper and any little noise wakes me up, but 1 time when my son was, I think around 2 weeks old (he is 14 now) I was up late studying for a test for school after only getting a couple of hours of sleep, I crashed!! My mom said she couldnt even wake me up, luckily she was there to take care of him. I felt awfull I couldnt believe I slept through my babies cries. My husband (boyfriend back then) worked through the nights so my mom would help out if I needed, but most of the time I did it on my own.

I am not trying to make excuses for the girl as I dont know what her situation is, maybe she just wasnt blessed enough to have the help and support I did.
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 01:28 PM   #9
6dogmom
Been Around A While

Send a message via AIM to 6dogmom Send a message via MSN to 6dogmom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto3 View Post
Formal charges are on the way.When I finally saw the pics of the dog I was OMG but I only do cocker spaniels. Two on death row I will pick up tomorrow. My little eldery rescue boys...home to stay.
Formal changes are good as long as they aren't breed specific bans. I think that is so horrible. There are laws that can help I just hope they pick the right ones.
6dogmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 06:02 PM   #10
SchnauzkyLVR
Been Around A While

This is just horrible...poor dog. People who cant properly raise a dog should not have one...regardless of breed.
~*:: BATMAN ::*~
:: "Dogs are miracles with paws" ::
SchnauzkyLVR is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Canine Training > Aggression