Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Health > Breeding and Puppy Care » Puppies wanting to sleep in bed with me, bad habit?

Old 12-20-2011, 11:14 PM   #11
puggie_momma
Been Around A While

Send a message via AIM to puggie_momma Send a message via MSN to puggie_momma Send a message via Yahoo to puggie_momma
Thanks, for the advice, I'm definitely still letting my huge group sleep in my bed but as far as the new litters, I've decided to crate them. I have nit had any complaints from my buyers but just for my sake, I have way to many as it is sleeping with me now

I'm a big softie and always felt guilty cratting but I know it's for the best so just gonna have to get past those sad eyes and the whining. Thanks
puggie_momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 12:57 AM   #12
BetterDog4U
Been Around A While

I also agree that it might be best if the puppies didn't sleep in the bed until they get older. My objection is based on safety reasons and the fact that puppies make "messes" ... On the other hand, ANY contact is good for the bonding process. But as puppies, the bonding might be better on the floor, in the yard or on your lap.

I respectfully disagree with you on one thing Fritz. By setting rules and boundries in their life, they will know that the human is in control. At this age, they already know that the humans are not dogs. The only "pack" that there is, is mommy dog, daddy dog and the rest of the litter mates.
- Michael -

Full of Life ... and Herself - Visit PATCHS' Website
Loving Friend & Faithful Companion - Visit NEKA's Memorial Website
My Little Buddy for 15+ Years - Visit CHIP's Memorial Website
BetterDog4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 01:00 AM   #13
puggie_momma
Been Around A While

Send a message via AIM to puggie_momma Send a message via MSN to puggie_momma Send a message via Yahoo to puggie_momma
i just love being surrounded by puppies and dogs

BTW, just so we are all clear this was a older litter, they were about 6-7 weeks. i would never put a young litter into my bed, i know from an experiences of a friend this can be very dangerous, my brother-in-law actually smothered a young puppy years ago it was soo horrible. he fell asleep feeding it and woke up on top of it, very sad story.
Old 12-24-2011, 10:30 PM   #14
Momto3
Been Around A While

All my dogs sleep with me if they want to. I wouldn't have a puppy sleeping with me and a lot of people don't like that so, if you plan on selling these pups, probably not a good idea to get them used to something a prospective owner won't like
Sharon - Mom to Mozart, Monte, Merlin and Mylee! my boyz!
Momto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 02:40 PM   #15
puggie_momma
Been Around A While

excellent point momto3, i totally agree. from now on i will be crating. thanks to everone who answered and Happy Holidays

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Health > Breeding and Puppy Care