Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Health > Holistic Treatments » Accupuncture?

Old 07-18-2008, 10:01 PM   #1
CerbiesMom
Been Around A While

Accupuncture?

Has anyone ever had accupuncture done for their dogs? I was thinking about doing it for Cerb, to see if it could help with his "gum chewing" twitch. Or, have any ppl done it? i've never been around it, just wondering if anyone had any experiences, good or bad.
CerbiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 10:02 PM   #2
Shara
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to Shara
I personally dont belive in it XD Might work hehe...
Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 10:24 PM   #3
dobetaztic
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to dobetaztic
There is a vet in my practice where i go who does it she tried it on archie when he started having problems with his back it worked for a while when he had it he would be fine for weeks unfortunately his problem could not be treated with surgery or medication but accupuncture gave me some extra time with him both the vet and me believed it held up the deteriation for a year to two years. he didnt feel a thing when it was being done and he appeared to enjoy going to have it done as he would pull me into the surgery on his visits which he never did before he started having it done so i gues he also knew it was helping him
if your house looks like its been hit by a tornado your owned by a dobermann RIP Lyric, Caito, Daimler, Autumn, Hope and Archie see you at Rainbow Bridge My heart is broken, all of you gone in one year, run free, play hard and wait for me.
dobetaztic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 11:49 PM   #4
k9mania
Administrator

I have one dog who has been treated with herbs and accupuncture for behavioral fear problems for 5 years and another who has kept from breaking out in itchy allergies from the herbs the accupuncturists gives. I do accupuncture right now to calm the pain for my rotator cuff that must have surgery.
k9mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 04:29 AM   #5
2dogscrzy4ball
Been Around A While

I've only had it done to my Quarter Horse who's in his late 20's and you could see a definite change in him, he loved it and it made him feel better. She moved away and I swear he misses it, I've thought about taking a course just for him. He's a big palamino gelding and I've done some team penning and cutting on him for fun of course, he's taught me so much!!! I don't hardly ride him any more his hearing and eyesight is fading a little and it makes him ancy. Sorry going off topic.
2dogscrzy4ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 04:03 PM   #6
zorasdad
Been Around A While

I have had accupuncture it helps relax muscles. It relieved back pain as with massage (I preferred the later) and phyical thearpy chiro treatments. There are massage therarpy for dogs. The vet tech where i go is cert and she can make a dog "melt" Ask around in the animal related places suprising how many people do the massage therapy.
a working dog is a happy dog
zorasdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 05:36 PM   #7
CerbiesMom
Been Around A While

Thanks for all the replies. I'm going to call this vet that does it on monday, and we'll see what she thinks. She's a holistic vet, so we'll see what she thinks about Cerbies tick. My vet says nothing can be done for it, but I'm not done trying for my boy.
CerbiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Health > Holistic Treatments