Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Health > Holistic Treatments » Glucosamine

Old 10-19-2008, 05:06 AM   #1
LabMomHouston
Been Around A While

Glucosamine

Just wondering if you all use any joint supplements and what kind? I use Phycox which is fairly expensive from the bet. I am considering finding a cheaper alternative if it provides the same results. Any ideas?
LabMomHouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 07:36 AM   #2
k9mania
Administrator

I use different ones but try to get ones with ingredients similar to Cosequin which lots of vets sell. But very expensive. I use a mixture of glucosimine and chondrotin myself and it does work for me but everyone is different as are dogs. Some dogs do better with some C in it and MSM. But they are cheaper brands than Cosequin and the one I was using from Performance.
k9mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 12:40 AM   #3
Momto3
Been Around A While

Glucosamine/Chondroitan from Walmart. Expensive yes but not near as much as the stuff they sell for dogs. Has worked on all my dogs as well as myself. I just give them one tab mixed into their food once a day. Morgan had to go on liquid Glucosamine towards the end. Found it on-line...still cheaper than Rymadil, etc
Momto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 12:45 AM   #4
caninejan
Been Around A While

Bubba is on Nupro joint support. My previous Rottie got glucomasine, chondroitin,and MSM with his meals, and did very well with that. You have to make sure that Vit.C is included to activate the glucomasine! I've always used EsterC.

Bubba at play during a break from training. Mary is in the background.
caninejan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 12:48 AM   #5
LabMomHouston
Been Around A While

I'll keep those suggestions in mind. I love the Phycox...it works wonderfully just wondering if there were inexpensive alternatives. I'm on my money saving kick still.
LabMomHouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 12:09 PM   #6
LABLOVER500
Been Around A While

I buy the glucosamine/chondroitin combo and give the 1500/1200 mg dose.. I wait until Meijers or Walgreen has their vitamins on sale for "buy one/get one" and shop then.
LABLOVER500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 08:48 PM   #7
Libbii
New Around Here

I love the Nupro Joint Support! I do also give my dog "Joint "Rescue" Super Strength Chewable for Dogs". I bought mine online from petwellbeing.com and according to the script on their website:

Quote:
How Joint "Rescue" Super Strength Chewable Help:

Glucosamine helps to supply and build glycosaminoglycans (GAGS) and collagen necessary to create synovial fluid.
Antioxidants and minerals help to protect against free radicals that cause cellular damage.
Additionally the antioxidants and minerals in Joint “Rescue”® help to increase the absorption of the glucosamine.
Boswellia, curcumin (tumeric), bromelain and yucca help reduce visible discomfort and make your pet more comfortable as they continue with normal activity or daily exercise.

Joint “Rescue” is an excellent choice for pets with visible morning stiffness, difficulty running and playing as well as stiffness associated with aging.
It is much cheaper too!
Libbii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 07:02 PM   #8
dogforever
Been Around A While

I think you give many good idea for this site.lol.thanks 4 post.
dogforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 03:41 AM   #9
Labman
Been Around A While

Check their dog page at www.arthritisfoundation.org
Labman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 10:12 AM   #10
ann_hawes
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by LABLOVER500 View Post
I buy the glucosamine/chondroitin combo and give the 1500/1200 mg dose.. I wait until Meijers or Walgreen has their vitamins on sale for "buy one/get one" and shop then.
I do the same and I see no difference in the products or results. I take it too.

Silence is golden,
Duct tape is silver.
ann_hawes is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Health > Holistic Treatments