Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > K9 Mania Dog Park > DRAWING FORUM » Opie - My best friend

Old 11-28-2006, 08:35 PM   #1
k9mania
Administrator

Wink Opie - My best friend

Opie
My best friend

Opie and I have been together for almost 11 years. We have come a long way from her throwing up in the car on the way home from the breeder. She has traveled with me probably 50,000 freeway miles, thousands of backroads, too many state lines to count, and thousands of miles on hiking/biking trails. We have shared hotel rooms, tents, motorhomes, and countless relative’s accommodations. She is many times the eyes and ears of our duo. However, those bright eyes are clouding. Her black muzzle is becoming whiter. Sometimes she cannot or will not jump over the back seat. Her ability to pace herself on a long walk while the other dogs pant and rest in the shade is now dictated by her aging body and not her wisdom. Yet, when people see her on the trail or at a flyball tournament they mistake her for a 3 or 4 year old. So much of my life in the last 11 years have been shaped by my companionship with Opie….
k9mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 03:57 PM   #2
chesapeake
Been Around A While

Smile Opie

Hi K9,

I was very touched by your posting about Opie...... Any chance of a photo?
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 05:29 PM   #3
johnanddoggies
Been Around A While

I know how you feel jethro and I have been all over together working and playing its hard to watch there body age when there minde is so sharp.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg working dogs.jpg (97.3 KB, 51 views)
johnanddoggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 05:42 PM   #4
kellynharley
Been Around A While

K9mania i was so touched by ur post, Opie may still have many years left to enjoy with u i only hope that me and harley have as many happy yaers together as u n Opie
kelly n Harley
kellynharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 05:45 PM   #5
NemoStar
Been Around A While

What a great post!! I know how you feel .These pups are so special they are with us through good times and bad ups and downs and it amazes me how no matter what they love us. I never undertood how people could harm animals when all they want to do is please us and love us.
You have a great life with Opie and I know she must love you alot and I can see how much you love her, it's to bad one day we have to let go , but I pray that wont be for awhile. Thanks for posting such a warm and thoughtful post.
ANDREAa.gif
NemoStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 08:06 PM   #6
nikk
Been Around A While

Talking

Ahhh K9 that tugs at my heart. That was a great tribute to Opie. Hugs to you and Opie.
nikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 04:32 AM   #7
MolliesMommy
Site Regular

awwww I dont know what to say Really touched my heart tho!
MolliesMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 09:07 AM   #8
molliesmum
Been Around A While

Wow K9, that came from the heart. How lucky you met each other. Give Opie a hug from me.

Maria. x
molliesmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 09:17 AM   #9
jrheitm
New Around Here

Send a message via AIM to jrheitm
awww i just got my new puppy before Christmas... the first thing he did when he got in the car was throw up!! haha so cute
jrheitm is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > K9 Mania Dog Park > DRAWING FORUM