Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > K9 Mania Dog Park > DRAWING FORUM » Spring Contest-a Fun One
Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 08:58 PM   #1
k9mania
Administrator

Spring Contest-a Fun One

Well last month people did not participate too much in our thoughtful question so I am setting up a drawing contest that I am sure everyone will participate this time.

You all know I do not choose a winner. I take everyone who puts in a response to my question or scenario and put their name in a hat and draw winners. This month we will draw for 2 of the paintings and 3 t-shirts. So the first 2 drawn will get a painting of the photo of their choice and the others will get t-shirts or some other goody.

Take time to make a thoughtful descriptive response to this question. You can answer it for each dog or do a general response. I think that each one of my dogs teaches me different virtues..(i.e. patience, etc. and they also can frustrate me differently)

How does your dog/s enhance your life?
Old 04-22-2008, 10:18 PM   #2
CerbiesMom
Been Around A While

Cerbie: Cerbie has enhanced my life by bringing out my maternal instincts. When he was sick, I had to take care of him in every way. I had to force feed him, carry him to the back yard, and teach him to play and live in a house. I really do feel like he's my son. I am a dog mom, not a dog owner.

Brigit: Brigit can make me laugh anytime, after anything. All the love that this tiny dog has for me is awesome. Brigit has taught me that you can always drop what you're doing to play.

Both: Both of my dogs help me every day. They help me stay fit, happy, and they get me to meet other dog ppl when we go out. Dog ppl are the best. I'm also never home alone anymore. The dogs are always with me, much more so than my cats or my reptiles. THey always know what I'm feeling, and adjust themselves to that.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:32 PM   #3
2dogscrzy4ball
Been Around A While

One in a million!!!

When I was about 13 I got my first dog at a local shelter. Her name was Buddi and she turned out to be the best and most important dog that I've owned so far. I was painfully shy but loved animals passionately. My mom was looking for anything that would help me overcome my "problem". Even though my parents were against dogs especially in the house I guess I was more important and so they took that huge step that has changed all of our lives. With Buddi I took her through obedience class and met several people w/the same interest. I joined a local dog club and we did parades and fun shows. I did some agility w/her and later we got her canine good citizen and therapy dog title. She looked like a Brittney span. and a Golden Ret. mix, she was white with 3 brown spots down her back, she lived to be 16 and had to be on phenobarbitol for seizures all her life. What a dog and I terribly miss her. I have her to thank for my 14 years in grooming and being involved w/dogs in general, not to mention helping me come out of my severe shyness. I love you Buddi and you'll never be forgotten.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:59 PM   #4
6dogmom
Been Around A While

Send a message via AIM to 6dogmom Send a message via MSN to 6dogmom
The Bulldog Story

"Doggie" say Sam in her little one year old voice. We walked up the a man and woman walking a beautiful large dog. As we conversed about the dog Sam happily sits next to her and starts to pet her belly. "What type of dog is this?"
The nice couple go on to tell me that it's an American Bulldog. At that moment a great wave of of excitement passes through my body. Little did I know how the bulldog would charge into my life and change it forever.
Through many years of tumoil, staying with a man who was a drunk, just for the kids. The abuse was so sudtle that I did not realize how far down I really was. To drink away fifty thousand dollars in eight months! This is what I am thinking as I stand at a food panrty with my two small children. This is when I decided to get a night job working as a certified nursing attendant. Finding my way through this job I was soon a manager. They called me "the bulldog." If it needed to be done it got done. It was the bulldog that helped me find courage to leave a man that would never help me move forward.
Two weeks before being evicted from my apartment I went to the only person anyone would go to, my MOM. She said we will move you to Florida to help you. One day before police came to kick my girls and I on the street, we were in a U-haul headed to Florida.
Welcome to Florida we all say as we celabrate our long journey. Just over the boarder we decide strech our legs at the rest stop. "Look Mom" says Sam, "Can we pet it?" It was a bulldog! We all celebrate our arrival to Florida with a Bulldog named Buddy.
It was a lonely time, new state new people. I thought of Buddy and the bully way. My home at the time was bad. So much worse than we could have ever imagined. Drugs, drinking and gun shots in the night. We were scared. My youngest was so little, the stress of the years were taking a toll on her. This is where Max came in, he was great therapy for little kristy. She began to grow.
Forever life would change with one small phone call. A nice couple that my boyfriend met at work breed American Bulldogs. Pups were one thousand dollars. Disappointed I knew we could never afford so much money. My boyfriend knew that I had longing to own an American Bulldog since the first time I laid eyes on one so many years before. About a week later the phone rings, it was the woman with the bulldogs. She had two pups left and did not want to put an ad in the paper for them fearing some thug would want it, so she asked me if I wanted one of them. The very next day Max and I were in the car to make the hour plus journey to go pick out the very little soul that would change my life. His name was TY and he looked like a rhino when he ran what a funny guy.
With Ty came a renewed hope that I could get out of this neighborhood and make life good again. I got an even better job, moved into my first home with a huge backyard. The girls were happy, the dogs were happy and I was happy.
The lord has sent me the bulldog as a symbol of the strength that I have inside. A strength that sometimes gets lost but is always renewed in the eyes of my dogs.
Max taught me to also be dominate in a patient loving manner no matter how irritated you get.
Ty taught me that no matter what the hurtle you can jump it if you really want it bad enough.
Ellie taught me to not listen to everyone all the time, sometimes you have to go with your gut, and have fun.
Dalyce taught me how to be noticed through my actions not my mouth.
Rocky taught me that a little fear sometimes makes you a stronger person.
The puppies are the seeds of life to spread the bulldog way.
Old 04-23-2008, 03:56 PM   #5
NoodlezxMama
Been Around A While

How has Noodle changed my life?

Well, you mean besides whenever someone leaves the apartment building, no matter what time at night or morning it is, and all you can hear is Noodle's deep low bark? As bad as that sounds, his bark makes my heart skip a beat. He protects me, because we love and trust eachother on a different level then two humans love and trust. He loves me because I gave him a real life, with requited love, and warm embracing arms..hands that soothe not hit..but what he doesn't know is that he's the one who has given me life.

At six years old, he still has those irresistable big brown puppy eyes that can make a person melt. There's so much that lies in those eyes, such a story behind them. But it's all over now, and he's met his happy ending.. Every time he lays his head in my lap, I'll rub his tiny little ears, and he looks up at me with those eyes..I just melt. Not only has he given me a sense of accomplishment, like I can do something good, but he loves me even when I make my mistakes. He doesn't get mad at me, like my fiance may, when I sleep in late and forget to give him breakfast in the morning.. His head will be in my lap, again, with the same loving eyes, because he knows that no one is perfect, but our bond is the perfection. He doesn't tell me I stink if I happen to skip a shower, he'll still cuddle next to me in bed and let me use him as a pillow. He's not jealous of the other dogs because they have Coach collars, and he has a pawprint harness..he wags his whole body when he sees it come out, cause that always means he's doing something special with Mommy. Everything, in my opinion, is special with Mommy and Noodle.

He's shown my fiance and I a glimpse of what we'll be like as parents. I mean, sure, he doesn't cry at all hours of the night, or need us to change his diapers. He doesn't rely on us in every way as a baby will, but he still relies on us. We're still his parents. We're his source of food and water, we're the way he gets outside to use the potty, we give him baths, we take him to the doctor, we try to make life as fun as possible for him, and most importantly, we LOVE him.

Love? Noodle has brought this four letter word to me, in so many ways. Not only has he given me his love, but he brought my fiance and I closer then we'd ever been before. Just as we were beginning to drift apart, we brought in our little man, and that was it. We learned how to work more as a team, which ultimately showed us how to love eachother in a different way then we were before.

We owe alot to Noodle, and we show it in our actions. He's with us everywhere we go, and yeah, we do spoil him, but he deserves it.. He's one amazing dog. =]
Old 04-23-2008, 10:57 PM   #6
cockermom93
Been Around A While

Send a message via Skype™ to cockermom93
Ok are you ready?...

NUGGET-- I moved straight out of my moms house in with my hubby, wich was 1,200 miles away from family and friends. I became very depressed because I didn't know anyone. (I moved from MO to NC) I decided to get a puppy! I started going to the beach, obedience trianing, pet stores, the vet clinic, and lots of other places that I wouldn't have done otherwise to socialize my little cocker. He was very timid and is and always has been a touch cranky so I did my best to beat that. I would say that he just did wonders on that bout of depression!
DANNY-- Well Nugget my first dog was a little cranky as I stated above so when Danny came into the groom shop I worked at and was sooooo sweet I just fell in love with him instantly! I told his daddy at the time that if he ever had to get rid of him to let me know as I had a little cocker myself that needed a sweet role model! Two weeks later I got a call from Major Patricelli who said he just didn't have the time for him and he felt bad because Danny was home alone more than he wanted him to be. I was extatic! I luckily had Nugget there with me that day and when Major patricelli arrived... well lets just say the two cockers have been insepreable since! I would say that Danny is the one who keeps me laughing, and gets me going everyday!
LEO-- Leo was my big "Rescue" I feel sooo lucky to have been able to help this wonderful little dog out! I was working at a vet clinic and this little cavalier king charles came in who had been attacked by a large dog. The people were just gonna have him put to sleep! I over heard from the groom room and my heart started pounding! I called the vet in to the back and asked if he was fixable... he said "Oh Yeah!" I asked him how much for the surgery.. anyway long story short I got an absolutly lovely little friend out if it! I would say Leo is my hero... he went through sooo much pain and suffering but stayed sweet all through. I can only try in my life to be as brave and humble as this little dog!
PUPPY-- I just recently aquired Puppy. My hubbys father passed away in Oct. last year and Puppy was just one of his three dogs. I convinced my husband to let her stay with us until we could find her a home elsewhere, much to his dismay. I had her put of petfinder and everything. I have recently realized... I cannot part with this dog. I love her as if she were my own so now she is! I think Puppy has tought me that I am not a good foster mom! LOLOLOLOL All in all I have four awesome pooches that I am proud to call my furchildren! I don't make alot of money in fact most of the time we are living paycheck to paycheck but if you ask me I feel like one of the richest people on the face of the earth because I have 10 sweet, cute, lovable, wonderful pets!!! Who give me more than I could ever ask for! Ahhhhh I think I am done.

Last edited by cockermom93 : 04-23-2008 at 11:09 PM.
Old 04-24-2008, 02:47 AM   #7
Shells_k
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5dogmom View Post
The Bulldog Story

"Doggie" say Sam in her little one year old voice. We walked up the a man and woman walking a beautiful large dog. As we conversed about the dog Sam happily sits next to her and starts to pet her belly. "What type of dog is this?"
The nice couple go on to tell me that it's an American Bulldog. At that moment a great wave of of excitement passes through my body. Little did I know how the bulldog would charge into my life and change it forever.
Through many years of tumoil, staying with a man who was a drunk, just for the kids. The abuse was so sudtle that I did not realize how far down I really was. To drink away fifty thousand dollars in eight months! This is what I am thinking as I stand at a food panrty with my two small children. This is when I decided to get a night job working as a certified nursing attendant. Finding my way through this job I was soon a manager. They called me "the bulldog." If it needed to be done it got done. It was the bulldog that helped me find courage to leave a man that would never help me move forward.
Two weeks before being evicted from my apartment I went to the only person anyone would go to, my MOM. She said we will move you to Florida to help you. One day before police came to kick my girls and I on the street, we were in a U-haul headed to Florida.
Welcome to Florida we all say as we celabrate our long journey. Just over the boarder we decide strech our legs at the rest stop. "Look Mom" says Sam, "Can we pet it?" It was a bulldog! We all celebrate our arrival to Florida with a Bulldog named Buddy.
It was a lonely time, new state new people. I thought of Buddy and the bully way. My home at the time was bad. So much worse than we could have ever imagined. Drugs, drinking and gun shots in the night. We were scared. My youngest was so little, the stress of the years were taking a toll on her. This is where Max came in, he was great therapy for little kristy. She began to grow.
Forever life would change with one small phone call. A nice couple that my boyfriend met at work breed American Bulldogs. Pups were one thousand dollars. Disappointed I knew we could never afford so much money. My boyfriend knew that I had longing to own an American Bulldog since the first time I laid eyes on one so many years before. About a week later the phone rings, it was the woman with the bulldogs. She had two pups left and did not want to put an ad in the paper for them fearing some thug would want it, so she asked me if I wanted one of them. The very next day Max and I were in the car to make the hour plus journey to go pick out the very little soul that would change my life. His name was TY and he looked like a rhino when he ran what a funny guy.
With Ty came a renewed hope that I could get out of this neighborhood and make life good again. I got an even better job, moved into my first home with a huge backyard. The girls were happy, the dogs were happy and I was happy.
The lord has sent me the bulldog as a symbol of the strength that I have inside. A strength that sometimes gets lost but is always renewed in the eyes of my dogs.
Max taught me to also be dominate in a patient loving manner no matter how irritated you get.
Ty taught me that no matter what the hurtle you can jump it if you really want it bad enough.
Ellie taught me to not listen to everyone all the time, sometimes you have to go with your gut, and have fun.
Dalyce taught me how to be noticed through my actions not my mouth.
Rocky taught me that a little fear sometimes makes you a stronger person.
The puppies are the seeds of life to spread the bulldog way.
What an awesome story 5dogmom

Shells, Jessie, Sugar Booger,
Abby, Molly, Oreo & Puff
.. )) -::-
. .))
((. .. -::-
-::- ((.*
Old 04-24-2008, 11:52 AM   #8
k9mania
Administrator

Shells_K go for it. Let us hear your voice
Old 04-24-2008, 12:53 PM   #9
GernBlansten
Been Around A While

Louie has caused me to learn patience. The kind of "take a deep breath" patience that has resulted in an overall calm demeanor that I cannot imagine ever achieving elsewhere. He is my steady companion nearly every waking hour... we are rarely apart. I guess I am also his steady companion as well.

I take exercise as never before... tremendous! I enjoy the scenery as well!

Thank you Louie!
Old 04-24-2008, 03:19 PM   #10
6dogmom
Been Around A While

Send a message via AIM to 6dogmom Send a message via MSN to 6dogmom
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9mania View Post
Shells_K go for it. Let us hear your voice
I agree show me up shells
Closed Thread

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > K9 Mania Dog Park > DRAWING FORUM