Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Canine Training > Behaving Badly » Tyra the Tyrant

Old 11-06-2009, 10:56 PM   #11
Shara
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to Shara
Yes a vet checked her over, she is healthy as far as he can tell. She just lacks proper socilization and proper corrections.

She is a very soft dog, you correct her and she "melts" she wont stand up, she turns into a wet noodle.

All the teachers/trainers at the club have seen a drastic change in her, even only 3 classes...but the snapping at home has got to get fixed.
~Meredith
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 02:23 AM   #12
Shells_k
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shara View Post
Yes a vet checked her over, she is healthy as far as he can tell. She just lacks proper socilization and proper corrections.

She is a very soft dog, you correct her and she "melts" she wont stand up, she turns into a wet noodle.
LOL we call that the "Doxie move". My next door neighbor has a doxie and so does one of my friends. Jessie, and the two doxies all have the same move when they get in trouble..they freeze and just basically collapse on the floor with the most guilty look ever. It cracks us up...cuz Jessie looks far more BC than doxie...but yet when Jessie and Beemer are out playing together in our yards and both get yelled at, they are identical! LOL

Shells, Jessie, Sugar Booger,
Abby, Molly, Oreo & Puff
.. )) -::-
. .))
((. .. -::-
-::- ((.*
Shells_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 03:23 AM   #13
Shara
Been Around A While

Tyra bit the SHT outta me tonight, because she snapped at Shara because she was in my lap.

I dont know what the heck to do at this point, she could have tooken Shara's eyes out. I cannot take this anymore.

I cannot jepodize Sharas wellbeing for Tyra's crazy snaps.

We may be taking her back soon if she doesnt straighen up.

I cant keep a muzzle on her 24/7.
~Meredith
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 11-15-2009, 01:12 PM   #14
Momto3
Been Around A While

Certainly not good news. Glad I'm not in your shoes cause I sure wouldn't want to make that decision. All mine just eventually worked out their issues except Charlie.
Sharon - Mom to Mozart, Monte, Merlin and Mylee! my boyz!
Momto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 02:02 PM   #15
BetterDog4U
Been Around A While

Quote:
Tyra bit the SHT outta me tonight, because she snapped at Shara because she was in my lap.

I dont know what the heck to do at this point, she could have tooken Shara's eyes out. I cannot take this anymore.

I cannot jepodize Sharas wellbeing for Tyra's crazy snaps.

We may be taking her back soon if she doesnt straighen up.

I cant keep a muzzle on her 24/7.
Patchs cant stand to be "the 2nd" at anything ... but she's learning!

When I first got her she would snip at any dog (including Neka) if I was petting it instead of her. I took it as She was getting possessive of me. When she got that way I used a VERY sturn voice and made her go lay down at least 10 feet away. If she moved or starting wineing, I snapped my fingers and told her "NO-STAY" or "NO-QUIET".

It's been 8 months and she still does it a little, but its not nearly as bad. She just "butts" in line and uses her body to move the other dog away. I reduce the reaction by making her go lay down before I start to pet other dogs. When she lays down I give her BIG praise and even a treat once in a while. This makes her WANT to do it.

Then when IM done petting the other dog, I call Patchs to me and praise her and give her the same treatment as the other dog. This lets her know that when she's good, she gets the same love.

This may work for you too. But be aware that it will take time. You may even need to put Tyra on a leash for a while so Tyra cant make contact with Shara.

The idea is to let Tyra know that she needs to listen to you at all times, and she ONLY gets your affection when she do it.
- Michael -

Full of Life ... and Herself - Visit PATCHS' Website
Loving Friend & Faithful Companion - Visit NEKA's Memorial Website
My Little Buddy for 15+ Years - Visit CHIP's Memorial Website
BetterDog4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 02:33 PM   #16
CerbiesMom
Been Around A While

I feel you Shara. Brigit went for one of my cat's faces Friday evening. I think she was feeling yucky from her shots, but that's still unacceptable in our house. She's been on leash if she's out of her kennel since then.

The kitty is ok. It was my special needs kitty, so she forgot all about it in less than 2 minutes. Poor Pookie.
CerbiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 06:01 PM   #17
Shara
Been Around A While

I have GOOD news!

Tyra has really turned around! We havent had a snap attack in awhile! Infact all 3 dogs are getting along so well!

I know Tyra is not 100% I know she would and will snap at unfamiliar dogs, and will have to keep her muzzled and undercontoll when going to the club for classes and socialization.

She has turned out to be such the love bug! We are working already on competition stuff...

She is going to go into agility, she is so insainely fast and agile.

To think we were so close to returning her. I am glad we didnt give up on her, she would never give up on us.

Thank you my K9mania family for all the help and support~!!!
~Meredith
Old 12-11-2009, 06:47 PM   #18
Shells_k
Been Around A While

Quote:
I have GOOD news!

Tyra has really turned around! We havent had a snap attack in awhile! Infact all 3 dogs are getting along so well!

I know Tyra is not 100% I know she would and will snap at unfamiliar dogs, and will have to keep her muzzled and undercontoll when going to the club for classes and socialization.

She has turned out to be such the love bug! We are working already on competition stuff...

She is going to go into agility, she is so insainely fast and agile.

To think we were so close to returning her. I am glad we didnt give up on her, she would never give up on us.

Thank you my K9mania family for all the help and support~!!!
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shells, Jessie, Sugar Booger,
Abby, Molly, Oreo & Puff
.. )) -::-
. .))
((. .. -::-
-::- ((.*
Shells_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 07:15 PM   #19
BetterDog4U
Been Around A While

Way to go Tyra !!!

Yes, its great to a support network like this!!! It's worth a million dollars!!!
- Michael -

Full of Life ... and Herself - Visit PATCHS' Website
Loving Friend & Faithful Companion - Visit NEKA's Memorial Website
My Little Buddy for 15+ Years - Visit CHIP's Memorial Website
BetterDog4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 07:30 PM   #20
Momto3
Been Around A While

AWESOME news! Remember how I was near at wit's end with Merlin? He now sleeps with his precious head on Monte's tummy. They all get along now. Just takes time I think.
Sharon - Mom to Mozart, Monte, Merlin and Mylee! my boyz!
Momto3 is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Canine Training > Behaving Badly