Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > K9 Mania Dog Park > Book Club » Not about dogs but ......

Old 06-11-2009, 05:29 PM   #11
Jr_K9_Expert
Been Around A While

Send a message via AIM to Jr_K9_Expert
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyb View Post
Elsasmom, love the sound of your trip to Cameroon - doing some good work too by the sound of things. Hope you get to see the animals - they are magnificent.

Steven - I hope you can get the book locally - I think you should as Bill Bryson is American (from Iowa I think???) though lived in England for a while. All his books are humourous and easy to read, and on a great variety of topics. Hope you enjoy "Down Under" anyway.
Awww looked in our catalogue under his name and we don't have Down Under!!! We do have tons of copies of his "A Short History about nearly Everything" and "In a Sunburned Country" I think I might read the second one though, seems to be talking about Aussi...even talks about your lost Prime Minister!
-Steven

My dog article site - K9Domain
My dog blog - Dog Notes
Jr_K9_Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:28 AM   #12
sandyb
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr_K9_Expert View Post
Awww looked in our catalogue under his name and we don't have Down Under!!! We do have tons of copies of his "A Short History about nearly Everything" and "In a Sunburned Country" I think I might read the second one though, seems to be talking about Aussi...even talks about your lost Prime Minister!
I wonder if it's issued under another title over there? It happens sometimes. It certainly sounds like the right book - not many tell the tale of a country losing their Prime Minister on the beach!! Give it a go.

The "Short History ..." is good too. As is the one about walking the Appalachian Trail. And the one about England... and the one about the English language ..... They are ALL good!
sandyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 05:52 AM   #13
sandyb
Been Around A While

Down Under and In a Sunburned Country are definitely the same book guys, I just checked it out. Hope you enjoy it.
sandyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 08:31 PM   #14
Jr_K9_Expert
Been Around A While

Send a message via AIM to Jr_K9_Expert
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyb View Post
Down Under and In a Sunburned Country are definitely the same book guys, I just checked it out. Hope you enjoy it.
That is so strange, I've never heard of that happening! Hehehe well good thing they are the same book, I'll place a hold on it right now! Thanks again!!
-Steven

My dog article site - K9Domain
My dog blog - Dog Notes
Jr_K9_Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 06:03 PM   #15
mfirza
New Around Here

Great pictures, ... someday i will go there
mfirza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 08:29 PM   #16
hcromley
Been Around A While

your pics are awesome and im gonna see if i cat find the book next time i go to the library ill make sure and look for i under sunburned country
great pyrenees lover
hcromley is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > K9 Mania Dog Park > Book Club