Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Other Issues > Not about K9 stuff » Robbed at the Dogshow

Old 05-18-2009, 04:37 AM   #1
Shara
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to Shara
Thumbs down Robbed at the Dogshow

Well the dog festival was ...ok...I didnt really like it to be honest. And to top it off, someone broke my window and stole my purse...ya...I know...never suppose to leave your purse in the car BUT...I was litterally gone for 5 mins, came back (some friends decided to come out last min and walk around...) and the damage was done...

They got my drivers license and SSN, my purse (ralph lauren) a coach wallet...a SOG (like a leatherman but more exp...) my asthma meds (3 diff inhalors...) and a few other small things in my purse...lucky I had my blackberry with me, and Tigger was with me.

Im so upset with myself, because I was fixing to leave, and also because I thought about bringing my purse but was like "bleh will only be gone a momment"

~Meredith
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 04:53 AM   #2
cockermom93
Been Around A While

Send a message via Skype™ to cockermom93
Bummer! I hate it when people take things from me! Someone stole my cars speakers right out of my garage with us home once... oh and believe it or not someone walked into our front door and stole beer out of our fridge once! I took my dog and left my hubby home and he came in to a jimmied back door once too, they took our playstation and our laptop. Peeves me off for sure! I think that all the time too... "oh I'll only be a minute... surely nothing could happen..." yeah... humph...
Love your pets like theres no tomarrow!!

www.myspace.com/allpawsbigandsmall

http://www.youtube.com/user/spanielmom93
come watch and comment on my videos!
cockermom93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:33 AM   #3
BetterDog4U
Been Around A While

I'm so sorry that your stuff got stolen and your car window got broken, but, the damage isn't dont yet!!!

The first thing you MUST do is call SSN and the DMV and get NEW ID's made with NEW numbers. If you dont do it today you will take a BIG chance of having your ID stolen too.

Contact your bank and any other ppl you can think of too. Try your VERY best to make a list of everything that wais in the purse so that you can notify ANYONE you can. All it takes is one major peice of info to get out and your ID is compromised!!!
- Michael -

Full of Life ... and Herself - Visit PATCHS' Website
Loving Friend & Faithful Companion - Visit NEKA's Memorial Website
My Little Buddy for 15+ Years - Visit CHIP's Memorial Website
BetterDog4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:36 PM   #4
LabMomHouston
Been Around A While

Well after I had my ENTIRE vehicle stolen...I learned never to leave anything of importance in my truck. I was lucky in that I was came to Houston to look at houses and had all of my important docs, loan docs, etc that I had pulled out to take in the hotel just because I was worried someone break in and take my important information. Boy, was a I right. They didn't want my ssn number or anything but my truck. But I know the feeling you have...you feel totally violated. It's awful. I do agree though you need to get on the phone and make sure your identity is safe and your credit cards/bank cards have been deactivated.
LabMomHouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 01:11 PM   #5
6dogmom
Been Around A While

Send a message via AIM to 6dogmom Send a message via MSN to 6dogmom
Doesn't sound like you have had very good luck lately. I am so sorry. Keep your chin up. They say robberies have been up since the economy situation.
I have also had my vehicle stolen, thank goodness at the time I was really broke, hehehe! I was living in my home town at the time and all I did was make a call to my family. There are many, many of them and the town was small. My car was spotted by my aunt about twenty minutes after I called. When it was returned the only damage was a broken window.
About five years after the incodent I got a check in the mail, reimbersing me for the window and the cost to clean the glass out. It took that long but at least I got it.
Just try to take things day by day and hopefully things will get better for you soon.
6dogmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:17 PM   #6
cockermom93
Been Around A While

Send a message via Skype™ to cockermom93
This is totally off subject and is a hijacking but I just wanted to tell this story really quick. When I moved from Springfield Mo to Havelock Nc right after highschool, we got to our appartment that I had never seen before to find my husbands truck window broken and the word bitch etched into the hood in the paint. Well about a couple of weeks go by and then we get a nock at the door at like... 8-9pm and it was a neighbor who had seen some chick keying my car and slicing my tire!!! I didn't even know any one there and they keyed "hoe" in my car's drivier side door! LOL I really don't think she could spell because I am not a garden tool. Still the damage had been done and we never caught her... and my insurance deductable just was too high to cover it...
Love your pets like theres no tomarrow!!

www.myspace.com/allpawsbigandsmall

http://www.youtube.com/user/spanielmom93
come watch and comment on my videos!
cockermom93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 03:11 PM   #7
clser2thehrt
Been Around A While

I hate it when that happens! Sorry that happenend to you :-(
clser2thehrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 07:24 PM   #8
Shara
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to Shara
I AM HAPPY TO REPORT THEY CAUGHT THE PERPERTRATORS AND HAVE BEEN CHARGED WITH FELON CHARGES!!!!!!

I have to fill out a whole pamplet of stuff...I dont know if I have to go to court or what the deal is...I really want to see this girl in person...I dont know why...!!!

I am so relieved...I hope I can get my stuff back?

I got a credit report and my credit score is still 8XX...I wonder what happened that she got caught...

I AM SO RELIEVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
~Meredith
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 07:30 PM   #9
CerbiesMom
Been Around A While

Awesome! Her karma caught up to her.
CerbiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 08:00 PM   #10
BetterDog4U
Been Around A While

Great news ... I hate theeves ...
- Michael -

Full of Life ... and Herself - Visit PATCHS' Website
Loving Friend & Faithful Companion - Visit NEKA's Memorial Website
My Little Buddy for 15+ Years - Visit CHIP's Memorial Website
BetterDog4U is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Other Issues > Not about K9 stuff