Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Health > General Health » On line drugs

Old 10-23-2010, 02:45 PM   #1
Labman
Been Around A While

On line drugs

Does anybody have a good site for buying heartworm medicine? I am trying to buy some Interceptor. My vet doesn't stock anything that treats whip worms too. He wrote me a prescription and suggested the internet. I have never seen such a bunch of poorly designed sites. A search gave me http://www.apetsblog.com/petmeds/int...tworm-pill.htm When I try to follow any of those links they take me to a terrible front page that there is no getting to Interceptor from.
Labman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 04:03 PM   #2
Momto3
Been Around A While

I get most of my supplies at jefferspet.com although I admit I do not buy heartworm meds online at all. Some things best left to my vet in my opinion. Been using Jeffers for about 15 years with never a problem.
Sharon - Mom to Mozart, Monte, Merlin and Mylee! my boyz!
Momto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 03:39 AM   #3
Labman
Been Around A While

Thanks for the suggestion, but they didn't have it. I dug around and went with KV supply. They had an A+ rating with the BBB. Any cheaper places had an F.

SHIP TO
PRODUCT NUMBER/ (SEE UNIT
DESCRIPTION BELOW) QUANTITY PRICE STATUS

R26508 1 1 79.95 WILL SHIP
INTERCEPTOR 51-100# 12 CT
R40110 100 1 1 8.89 WILL SHIP
HYDROXYZINE 25 MG CAPSULES
90690 LG 1 1 12.95 WILL SHIP
EASY RIDER CAR HARNESS

Merchandise Net: 101.79

Tax Amt: 0.00
Shipping Amt: 0.00

Total Amt: 101.79

How do those prices compare to what any of you are paying?

We have talked about a dog harness. I thought while ordering, i may as well pick one up. Our puppies always ride in the passengers' footwell, one of the safest places for a dog in a car. However, the new normal for us is having a retired dog guide as well as a future one. We had Aster for 5 years, and Sampson came to us this year at 8 years old. He is a big boy, 24'' at the shoulder. I am not curious enough about his weight to hold him while standing on the scales. I have crammed dogs into the rear footwell, but Sampson came used to riding on the seat. When it is just me and the 2 dogs, I cram both into the footwell. I think the harness is the best solution.
Old 10-24-2010, 01:55 PM   #4
Momto3
Been Around A While

Jeffers lists interceptor in their catalog and my rescue buys from them so not understanding why you couldn't find it on their website. I buy TriHeart from my vet for $56 for a one year supply 26 - 50 pounds. It's a knock-off of Heartguard.
Sharon - Mom to Mozart, Monte, Merlin and Mylee! my boyz!
Momto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 06:49 PM   #5
Labman
Been Around A While

It goes back to my original post. Many web sites are junk. I put Interceptor into the search engine and it comes back with no hits, or worse yet dumps me on a page of flea remedies. Interceptor doesn't do fleas. I want to buy some for over the winter and save what I suspect is more expensive Sentinel for summer.

On many sites, you have to scroll through hundreds of products to find the one you want.

I live in a smaller town with limited options. In addition, I am able to think for myself. I never click on ''Most popular'' buttons. I buy a lot on the internet. Some sites are quite well organized and with a decent effort, you can find what you are looking for.

At least the dog guide school finally gave me the Sentinel for Delilah. I can't use it for now because it is the 51-100 pound stuff. They did that with Raven too. That is all they stock. I traded the pack with a local vet for 26-50 pound stuff. Once she outgrew it, I used some of what came with Sampson, so still have enough of the lower dose for Deliah.
Old 10-27-2010, 01:50 AM   #6
LabMomHouston
Been Around A While

If I buy anything it's through 1800petmeds. They will contact the vet for prescrip as well for you. I am not certain they carry what you are looking for. You may also want to call around to a few other vets in town and see if they stock it and if you can bring the script in to buy it there. Might save you the trouble of having it shipped.
LabMomHouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 02:53 AM   #7
Labman
Been Around A While

They were one of the leading offenders as far as finding anything on their website.
Old 10-27-2010, 03:57 AM   #8
Shara
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to Shara
Labman, I am not familiar with INTERCEPTOR but here is a site I use: www.nofleausa.com

http://www.nofleausa.com/c/interceptor
~Meredith
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥
Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 07:44 PM   #9
LabMomHouston
Been Around A While

YEah the site can be a pain. I have found most of them are like that.
LabMomHouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 02:18 AM   #10
Labman
Been Around A While

Well my package from KV supply came and Raven and Sampson were dosed with Interceptor and Delilah with Sentinel. Since the sentinel for her is free, I may as well use it even if the fleas are gone for the winter.

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Health > General Health