Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Health > Ped & Paw Health and Fitness » Let's get going on the health group

Old 11-07-2008, 04:04 AM   #11
k9mania
Administrator

Examples of short term goals

I am going to drink 3 bottles of water minimum.
I am going to eat 5 helpings of a combo of veges/fruit
I am only going to Starbucks 3x per week
I am going to exercise 3 times per week 20 minues minimum.

These goals would be measurable and that is what you want. The ability to be measurable.

If you after doing your food journal you find you snack 4 times a day..one of your first short term goals would be 2 snacks per day .... in a few weeks you would go down to 1 etc.

When you have really thought this out...send me your short term goals and your long term goal for 3 months now. That way you have it written in stone. Your short term goals will change as you move forward.
k9mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 05:39 PM   #12
gsdmama
Been Around A While

my back is starting to feel better just a slight spasm. i am going to therapy today for my shoulder so i will see how i am doing later and see if i can walk elsa. i started out great but with the setbacks all of a sudden it bothers me, but i will not let this get me down. it is hard to walk though. i do have to take it easy though. thank god hubby is off for 3 1/2 days to help me, cause elsa will have training on sunday and i have 2 go cause her comepetition will be in 2 week wow and i will be out of town next weekend. so i have a lot to do.
rest in peace my little Nikko. until we meet again. momma misses you and her heart aches every time she thinks of you, wishing you were still here to play with Joey and Elsa.
gsdmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:16 AM   #13
NoodlezxMama
Been Around A While

My mother is in this group called TOPS (Take off pounds sensibly)..they have chapters all over the US..

It's a group of people who all meet together with one goal in common, to lose weight and be healthy!

They have this 'Food Chart' thing that they do, that I've stolen the idea from, and have been using it to moniter myself.

Pretty much, it's a Calendar of just the week Sunday-Saturday..And you write down what you ate for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks..and excercise..then you can reflect back on it when you weigh yourself at the end of the week and see where you went wrong. =]

It's been working lovely for me..

The Mckibbens

Leesa & Joshua
Belle & Tucker

NoodlezxMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 01:08 AM   #14
k9mania
Administrator

Goals

For those of you that want to be in the group to try and get healthy by lets say April (snowy until then in some places). I want you to not only PM me but also put your name here so that I can then put the whole group up so that everyone knows who is in the group. Remember some of us may have some K9 companions that need a bit of weight loss or activity. So join in and let's get with it. I get home tomorrow and Starbucks will be a reward for doing exercise or eating properly. Obviously, I can't do much physically but I can do my exercises and I got a scooter to start exercising the dogs. I just need to order harnesses for each dog. Here is the website on scootering. It is not good exercise for us but good for the dogs.

http://www.dogscooter.com/
Old 11-17-2008, 01:28 AM   #15
Shara
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to Shara
I am gonna try to do better, i used to be so athletic now im getting chubby, my parents are in denyal and noone will say anything negative, I need soemone to say "you are gaining a bit of weight"

Today at the clothes store a size 9 fit! SIZE 9 and my mom was like "thats okay, are you sure you dont need the next size bigger" i said NO I want the size 7 I am NOT giving up...and I will loose the weight to fit into the 7s...I used to be size 3 then 5 now 7s is normal...I REFUSE to go to a 9!

I am gonna try to get up early and walk the dog even though its gonna be FREEZING COLD. I need to do something! I am gonna pack yogart for lunches and dring water from work from the water fountain. I want my size 5 back!!!!

I feel like I am slipping away. Letting myself go....I need to stop it
~Meredith
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥
Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 01:30 AM   #16
BetterDog4U
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9mania View Post
For those of you that want to be in the group to try and get healthy by lets say April (snowy until then in some places). I want you to not only PM me but also put your name here so that I can then put the whole group up so that everyone knows who is in the group. Remember some of us may have some K9 companions that need a bit of weight loss or activity. So join in and let's get with it. I get home tomorrow and Starbucks will be a reward for doing exercise or eating properly. Obviously, I can't do much physically but I can do my exercises and I got a scooter to start exercising the dogs. I just need to order harnesses for each dog. Here is the website on scootering. It is not good exercise for us but good for the dogs.

http://www.dogscooter.com/
Add me to the group.
- Michael -

Full of Life ... and Herself - Visit PATCHS' Website
Loving Friend & Faithful Companion - Visit NEKA's Memorial Website
My Little Buddy for 15+ Years - Visit CHIP's Memorial Website
BetterDog4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 04:12 AM   #17
k9mania
Administrator

Let's get going on the health group

OK, for those of you that are in - step up and put up your name. I will make a list to put on this thread. I have already given you the basic things you need to set some short term and longer term goals. Remember that your K9 companion may need to be healthier. I know that mine are heavier than usual and less fit (judged by how much ball throwing and herding they can take cardiovascularly). We will help each other. If you have friends that are not on the site...have them join even if w/o K9 so that they can help you and work on their own health level. I need all the help I can get after the last 18 months of family cancer, rotator cuff surgery, sitting and doing nothing.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:27 PM   #18
k9mania
Administrator

Hey I have not heard from many people. I can honestly say that I have cut back on Starbucks, I am drinking enough water now, I am cutting back on TV and late night internet so I can sleep better.

Remember that sleep patterns impact diseases such as diabetes and heart disease.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:03 PM   #19
cockermom93
Been Around A While

Send a message via Skype™ to cockermom93
I would like to do this!
Love your pets like theres no tomarrow!!

www.myspace.com/allpawsbigandsmall

http://www.youtube.com/user/spanielmom93
come watch and comment on my videos!
cockermom93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 10:20 PM   #20
CerbiesMom
Been Around A While

I want on the list.

Short term goals:
1)Cook a healthy dinner at least once a week-this will keep us from hitting the fast food places.

2)Walk pups every day- already doing this, but Pretty soon I'll want to stop due to winter, so this will get harder

3)Excercise other than dog walking once a week at least- I'm going to start yoga again, and probably some weights as well

These are my pups"
Brigit
1) lose 1/2 pound. She put on some weight after Ike, all the debris scared her and she didn't want to go walking with us

Max
1) build up the cardio. Mr. Max gets tired after a mile, we need to build him up a bit.

Cerb
Well, he's healthier than all of us, and I don't think he can get tired. His goal will be to learn the agility course I'm gonna make, that way he can excercise his mind and body
CerbiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Health > Ped & Paw Health and Fitness