Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Health > Ped & Paw Health and Fitness » lazy lately

Old 06-19-2009, 08:14 PM   #1
CerbiesMom
Been Around A While

lazy lately

Since it's been getting warmer, I've been getting lazier. I hadn't worked out in probably about a month, and the dogs don't really wanna go out in the heat too much, so we've all been lazy.

But yesterday, I did tae bo, and we went for a 4 mile walk. I was proud of myself. And I feel a lot better today.

How's everybody else doing with their physical goals?
CerbiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 10:08 PM   #2
cockermom93
Been Around A While

Send a message via Skype™ to cockermom93
Quote:
Originally Posted by CerbiesMom View Post
Since it's been getting warmer, I've been getting lazier. I hadn't worked out in probably about a month, and the dogs don't really wanna go out in the heat too much, so we've all been lazy.

But yesterday, I did tae bo, and we went for a 4 mile walk. I was proud of myself. And I feel a lot better today.

How's everybody else doing with their physical goals?
I had been doing good too untill this hot spell. We are going more at night now since the heat has started. I have been slacking a little though.
Love your pets like theres no tomarrow!!

www.myspace.com/allpawsbigandsmall

http://www.youtube.com/user/spanielmom93
come watch and comment on my videos!
cockermom93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 10:36 PM   #3
Shara
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to Shara
I have been getting out more and walking more with my pups, I go early in the morning and then late at night, that is if we aint being hit by bad thunderstorms (usually in the evening hours)
~Meredith
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥
Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 02:10 AM   #4
turfgirl
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to turfgirl
The most workout I get these days is going to the grocery store, well I walked to the hairdresser's tonight and got a hair cut does that count?
I also started a little box garden with sprouts, beets and carrots I only hope the squirrels leave it alone. Hugs Susan & Lexcee
turfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 02:13 AM   #5
6dogmom
Been Around A While

Send a message via AIM to 6dogmom Send a message via MSN to 6dogmom
I think I work more out in the heat, I love it. I mow the lawn, start projects, walk the dogs in the evening. Anything I can do in the outdoors right now is good. The dogs on the other hand, sleep all day, then at night they tend to get more crazy. I find the pups are playing inside more. I didn't allow that until the two weeks of rain we got.
6dogmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 05:35 AM   #6
sandyb
Been Around A While

We're in the middle of winter here, and it's been raining for a couple of weeks now, so our walks have only been about half an hour long. If we get a good day we make the most of it, but mostly it's the quick walk, a good rub down, then back to the fire.
sandyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 01:22 PM   #7
Momto3
Been Around A While

I don't work out so to speak but I have a big yard to mow, etc which keeps the weight down. Pooches have the fenced yard to run and play in but it's too hot to get together a nice game of fetch. Heat index was 105 yesterday around 5. Waaay too hot!
Sharon - Mom to Mozart, Monte, Merlin and Mylee! my boyz!
Momto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 12:40 PM   #8
elsasmom
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6dogmom View Post
I think I work more out in the heat, I love it. I mow the lawn, start projects, walk the dogs in the evening. Anything I can do in the outdoors right now is good.
Sounds familiar. I have HUGE gardens; both flowers and veggies and now we're planting some berry bushes. Between the gardens and lawn mowing and taking Elsa on hikes and swimming, I'm plenty active right now.
Love me; Love my dog
elsasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 08:01 PM   #9
Erin_Wise
New Around Here

I know what you mean. I was really good earlier when it was cooler out, but lately it's gotten so hot. The boys would rather go down to the boat ramp and swim at night instead of go running...Though it's pretty good either way as I joined them last night. Two makes it rather difficult though as he likes to climb on top of you while you're swimming (thankfully the water's only around 2 feet deep).
Erin_Wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 09:26 PM   #10
hcromley
Been Around A While

im doing pretty good still hitting the p90x down 20 pounds. 5 more to go and ill b at my target this last five is taking a while hoping to really start seeing some tone now
great pyrenees lover
hcromley is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Health > Ped & Paw Health and Fitness