Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Dog Photos > K9 Mania Photo Album » new girl

Old 10-17-2011, 01:38 AM   #11
elsasmom
Been Around A While

this pic put a huge smile on my face; I love happy adoption stories_marie
Love me; Love my dog
elsasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 01:39 AM   #12
Shells_k
Been Around A While

How is everything going Ann?

Shells, Jessie, Sugar Booger,
Abby, Molly, Oreo & Puff
.. )) -::-
. .))
((. .. -::-
-::- ((.*
Shells_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 11:16 PM   #13
ann_hawes
Been Around A While

Audrey is getting used to being part of our family, slowly but surely. Things got all out of whack with Grizz-Bang needing extra attention but the other dogs seemed to understand and respect that. My Grizz-Bang is gone now. I didn't want to wait until his pain became unbearable. He was such a wonderful boy and deserved the very best I could give him.

Audrey has been learning to play with Baloo. There are times that she sort of goes into a play frenzy, which I recall Baloo doing when he was about 8-12 months old. Baloo does not defend himself adequately (in MY mind ) and sometimes I feel the need to intervene, but mostly just stay out of it and let them be dogs. She seems incredibly happy to be here! I think this is much different than her former life and she's learning fast. We've been working on simple things, like sit and down. She likes clicker training as it makes it clearer for her when she gets it right.

Baloo had a rather hard time with losing Grizz-Bang. Some seriously sad noises came from him for several days, but he's beginning to be happy again. And today is his second birthday!

Silence is golden,
Duct tape is silver.
ann_hawes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 01:47 AM   #14
BetterDog4U
Been Around A While

Glad to hear that things are getting back to normal and tell Baloo Happy Birthday from Patchs and I ...
- Michael -

Full of Life ... and Herself - Visit PATCHS' Website
Loving Friend & Faithful Companion - Visit NEKA's Memorial Website
My Little Buddy for 15+ Years - Visit CHIP's Memorial Website
BetterDog4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 06:41 AM   #15
sandyb
Been Around A While

Ann I'm really sorry to hear you had to let Grizz-Bang go, but of course I understand it had to be that way. Such a great loss for you.
On the brighter side, birthday wishes to Baloo. Two years old already - time has just flown.
sandyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 01:47 PM   #16
Shells_k
Been Around A While

SO sorry to hear about Grizz-Bang....
Happy, happy birthday to Baloo ...
and glad to hear that Audrey is settling in at home!!

Shells, Jessie, Sugar Booger,
Abby, Molly, Oreo & Puff
.. )) -::-
. .))
((. .. -::-
-::- ((.*
Shells_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 07:14 PM   #17
elsasmom
Been Around A While

happy birthday big Baloo
Love me; Love my dog
elsasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:12 PM   #18
ann_hawes
Been Around A While

I had a phone call from the people that had Audrey last week. They wanted to know how she was doing, whether she was having to be kept outside, how she was doing with other dogs, was I going to be able to keep her, etc. Apparently she had already been rehomed once and was brought back due to:fighting with other dogs, chewing furniture and shoes in the house, peeing and pooping in the house, counter surfing, nipping people.

She does air snaps at Baloo occasionally, but much less often that when she first got here. Now maybe once a day or less. And if he would put her in her place like Grizz-Bang did, it would stop altogether. He views it as very exciting play. At times, it is.

I have caught her with one shoe, but she wasn't chewing. She was licking my leather sandal *YUCK!!*
She has not chewed on furniture.

Not one instance of soiling the house.

Yes, she checked my counters out, but there was nothing there, and she got down when I asked her to.

She nips at my butt occasionally but stops when told to. She's a herder! A working breed! She's doing great with obedience commands. She knows sit, down, stay (up to about 2 minutes now), fetch, leave it, drop it, take it. That's a lot of progress in 3 weeks! The resource guarding has diminished. She still tries to get between me and Baloo but is doing it in a friendlier way. I'm still feeding her in her crate, Baloo in the kitchen. I've been putting Baloo's food down first, before I crate her, and she patiently waits for me to take hers to her crate. She's no longer snarling over crumbs, and sits instantly by Baloo when I get treats for them.

She's a keeper!!!!

Silence is golden,
Duct tape is silver.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:18 PM   #19
BetterDog4U
Been Around A While

WOW, that is great progress ... I glad that she's a keeper too!!! She deffinately in the right home!!!
- Michael -

Full of Life ... and Herself - Visit PATCHS' Website
Loving Friend & Faithful Companion - Visit NEKA's Memorial Website
My Little Buddy for 15+ Years - Visit CHIP's Memorial Website
BetterDog4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 05:38 PM   #20
ann_hawes
Been Around A While

Had they told me all of that to begin with, not sure I would have taken her when I did. I knew Grizz-Bang was going downhill and I probably would have waited. I'm glad I got her. The destructive problems were almost certainly boredom, and she had not been socialized well, if at all. Baloo has been sooo tolerant. She's fitting into the family nicely.

Silence is golden,
Duct tape is silver.

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Dog Photos > K9 Mania Photo Album