Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Active Dogs > Accessories & Equipment » Collars leave them on take them off?

Old 09-27-2008, 04:54 PM   #1
zorasdad
Been Around A While

Collars leave them on take them off?

We have had posts on different collars but I was wondering if people leave collars on their dogs or take them off. I mostly use pinch collars they stay on the leash, mostly the reason for the pinch collar is because we live by a river and swimming is always an option and the pups necks get raw from the wet collars. We can spend hours running around on our adventures. At the moment Mo has a nylon on and Zora has none. My dogs are mostly naked!lol
a working dog is a happy dog
zorasdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 05:11 PM   #2
MadLiz
Been Around A While

Sadie's comes off in the house. She only wears it when we are out walking. Bertie doesn't have one.
MadLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 05:11 PM   #3
Leslie_N_Chessies
Been Around A While

The only time my dogs wear collars are when they are leashed on walks. They go naked all other times. We have had a couple of scares when a collar has gotten wrapped around the other dog's jaw while they were playing. One such incidence resulted in a serious bite to my hand as I was trying to get them untangled. So my pair rarely has a collar on.
Leslie_N_Chessies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 05:23 PM   #4
Shara
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to Shara
My dogs always have collars on becuase they must have Rabies ID. They are rolled leather collars so its the most comfortable kind. I use pinch collars only for training time, which my dogs love to see me pull out the pinch collars! It means time to work/play/walk, in general go out !!!
~Meredith
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥
Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 05:26 PM   #5
starry8740
Been Around A While

Send a message via ICQ to starry8740
mine has them on all the time XD MY dog likes his collar. He is proud to wear it.
~Star my eskie/golden mix~

www.youtube.com/starry8740 &
www.youtube.com/friends4life8740
Daniel & Carrie + Star = Forever

When one door closes another WILL open, and its usually something better.
starry8740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 05:35 PM   #6
Shells_k
Been Around A While

When Sugar was a pup, and right now for a while till Abby settles down a bit they had & have no collars on at all unless we were taking them out or we were home for the rest of the day. We had a real bad experience with Sugar and Jessie rough housing and somehow Sugar got one of her teeth snagged on Jessies collar and couldnt get it out. Sugar freaking out so bad was choking Jessie and if we would not have been home that would have been REALLY bad. So we left the collars off unless we were taking them out (temporarily changed to the linked leads that slip around the neck).

Shells, Jessie, Sugar Booger,
Abby, Molly, Oreo & Puff
.. )) -::-
. .))
((. .. -::-
-::- ((.*
Shells_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 06:15 PM   #7
CerbiesMom
Been Around A While

I usually leave the collars off, all the jingling makes me crazy. Although, since we're having to take them out on leashes since the fence is down, we've been keeping the collars on until their last outing for the night. We have collars for walking and dog-parking.
CerbiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 07:01 PM   #8
JessicaR
Been Around A While

I keep their collars on. it has their license and rabie tags attached.
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 07:25 PM   #9
molliesmum
Been Around A While

Mollies comes off after a walk, she has more allergies than you can shake a stick at. omg. she even gets a sore neck from the metal buckle on her collar.

Maria. x
molliesmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 07:36 PM   #10
caninejan
Been Around A While

Bubba and my son's dog, Mary keep their flat collars on at all times. They both get weird at bath time when the collars have to come off for a short time. Kind of a security blanket thing, I guess.
Mary has her current license, current rabies tag and her ID tag on her collar at all times.
Bubba has all that plus his microchip alert tag.
caninejan is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Active Dogs > Accessories & Equipment