Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > K9 Mania Dog Park > Book Club » Book

Old 09-16-2008, 02:18 AM   #1
Lovemysheepdogs
Site Regular

Question Book

I am kinda new around here but wanted to vent a little. I just bought a border collie pup and wanted to do some reading up on how to train him so I bought this book off of Amazon.com. I have owned a border collie before and fell in love with the breed. He was already trained though when I aquired him hence the need for a book for the new pup.

I am on about chapter 4 and I swear all they have done is try to discourage anyone from getting a border collie it seems. Very depressing when you already have the pup and are trying to get some information on how to train him. Grrrrrrrrr.

Anyway not sure what my point is, but could sure use some encouragement.

Robin
The reason dogs have so many friends is because they wag their tails instead of their tongues.
- Unknown
Lovemysheepdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 02:37 AM   #2
k9mania
Administrator

I am a bit tired tonight but if you PM me with questions, I will answer tomorrow. Still recovering from surgery. I say enjoy and be excited about trying to outsmart your border. That is what keeps me engaged and them always trying to outsmart me....must give them a job..that is half the battle.
k9mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 02:42 AM   #3
Lovemysheepdogs
Site Regular

Thanks

Thanks for the offer. I won't bother you now, you rest up. He is only 8 weeks and we are playing ball and tug o war and learning to sit for treats. He also is doing excellent with house training as well. I am very pleased.

You get well!!

Thanks again, Robin
The reason dogs have so many friends is because they wag their tails instead of their tongues.
- Unknown
Lovemysheepdogs is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > K9 Mania Dog Park > Book Club