Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > K9 Mania Dog Park > Site news » Hello - Catching UP

Old 05-07-2009, 10:24 PM   #1
k9mania
Administrator

Arrow Hello - Catching UP

As many of you know, I have had a pretty hard 2 years with caring for my aunt, my shoulder, my cousin getting cancer, and finally my father's accidental death in January. I have been consumed with family stuff and not as attentive on the forum as usual. Many of you may have noticed that I am posting a bit now. I have started my canine massage business. I leave for my second agility trial tomorrow. I still have a few Whole Dog Journals that I need to get for people and lots of pictures are at the artists.

I am going to add a new forum: For show dogs The moderator will be Danielle. I hope to have it added this weekend. We will start with just one section and add stuff as the discussion grows. Many times on this forum, we have not been as open to people who breed to show. I personally know I am against breeding unless you have the funds, knowledge, and pairing to enhance the breed. However, I also know that I do not make my posts openly reflect that. So I expect that if you post on the Show Dog (not the name but the topic) I expect that you are either contributing to the conversation or debate without judging whether it is a valuable exercise relative to say herding, guide dogs, canine companion, etc. If you belong to other forums I would love us to get this discussion going.

I will be coming up with some form of competition or game. I still say everyone should be doing the Trivia game that Jr_K9_Expert is hosting. Hope everyone is doing fine. I will post pictures of my dogs and Pawssage setup next week. Thank you all for making this a great forum.
k9mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:44 PM   #2
cockermom93
Been Around A While

Send a message via Skype™ to cockermom93
No Thank You!
Love your pets like theres no tomarrow!!

www.myspace.com/allpawsbigandsmall

http://www.youtube.com/user/spanielmom93
come watch and comment on my videos!
cockermom93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 04:22 AM   #3
turfgirl
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to turfgirl
K9 thank you so much for being there for all of us. You do a great job and I know I for one am so glad you came through the last couple of years ok. Take care and keep smiling. Hugs Susan & Lexcee
turfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 06:50 AM   #4
sandyb
Been Around A While

Same goes for me - thank you K9.
sandyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 11:37 AM   #5
dobetaztic
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to dobetaztic
Thank you K9 it's a great Idea I know i will be contributing to it
if your house looks like its been hit by a tornado your owned by a dobermann RIP Lyric, Caito, Daimler, Autumn, Hope and Archie see you at Rainbow Bridge My heart is broken, all of you gone in one year, run free, play hard and wait for me.
dobetaztic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:29 PM   #6
6dogmom
Been Around A While

Send a message via AIM to 6dogmom Send a message via MSN to 6dogmom
Glad to hear everything is going good for you. Hopefully life will simmer down for all of us.
I would love to see some show dog breeder topics. I have been experiencing first hand many show dog people that attended classes over by my mentor trainer.
One important thing I have learned through school is to be open minded. There is no one way and no one perspective about dogs. It has been fun to learn about everything "dog"
Not to mention as soon as I opened my mind I began to experience so many new things.
6dogmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 05:32 PM   #7
Jr_K9_Expert
Been Around A While

Send a message via AIM to Jr_K9_Expert
No worries K9, we all understand The Show Dogs forum is a great idea, all the better with our Danni helping out in it too!!! I looked for it, but I didn't see the forum yet....have you added it yet? I'm a tad confused
-Steven

My dog article site - K9Domain
My dog blog - Dog Notes
Jr_K9_Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:29 PM   #8
NoodlezxMama
Been Around A While

Glad things are getting back on track for you, k9. Thanks for all the awesome work you do!

And Danni!! You'll kick butt as a moderator!

The Mckibbens

Leesa & Joshua
Belle & Tucker

NoodlezxMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 02:03 AM   #9
Danielle
Been Around A While

Thanks for the vote of support! Ill do my best to help out.

Im really excited to see this new forum go up. I think its going to be a really fun section for us all to use. It does not specifically "have" to be for Conformation showing, if you put your pup in a pet show you can also jump on and have a brag, or even better, post some pics! All are welcome to post or ask as many questions as you wish, that is what it is there for.

Id also like to get some discussions going about "Breed Standards", so if you are really knowledgeable on your particular breed, then get on and tell us what you think about "Breed Standards" and what has changed.

As K9 mentioned above it would be great if everyone would be as courteous as possible. Although opposing views and debates are more than welcome as long as they are done respectfully.

And I hope that all you Ex Showies will get on and post old pics of your wonderful pooches doing what they do best. That means YOU amy! LOL!

Danni.
Danielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 05:04 PM   #10
NoodlezxMama
Been Around A While

You knowww, we could always have a k9mania dog show...different threads for different breed groups..and post pics and descriptions of dogs...may be a good fun way to start the breed specifics stuff. =]

for example..under the 'toy breed group' thread....all the toy breeds..including your toy poodles!!! =]

Then someone could be a judge and select the top four, and we'd have to post another pic each..and then the judge could pick the best of breed...and that'd be a whole other thread, best in show..where all the best in breeds would post their final pictures..

(it's just for fun, maybe steven could make one of his fancy banners for the winners?)

Just throwing that out there.. =]

Last edited by NoodlezxMama : 05-09-2009 at 05:09 PM. Reason: added more info

The Mckibbens

Leesa & Joshua
Belle & Tucker

NoodlezxMama is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > K9 Mania Dog Park > Site news