Click here to Register - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > K9 Mania Dog Park > Site news » That time again
Old 11-19-2010, 09:40 PM   #1

Thumbs up That time again

For all of our members in the states, Thanksgiving is just around the corner. I have been practicing my pumpkin pie skills. I have probably gained 2 or 3 pounds. I was wondering what you all do to keep your canine companions from getting to all the unhealthy goodies that will be on the table by the end of next week. Do you do anything special for your canine companion to let them celebrate Thanksgiving? With the holidays comes the colder weather and the need to make sure that your companion is comfortable. I know that in the last 2 weeks my dog that is 14 3/4 years of age is much more stiff. Think about how the cold affects your body and then help your companion as you would yourself. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in the states. Happy Holidays to all of our other treasured members.
k9mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 11:32 PM   #2
Been Around A While

Send a message via AIM to Jr_K9_Expert
A tip I always give people around any festivity time is to keep a bowl of doggy treats around for people to grab and give those to the dog instead of people food which they probably don't need

I'd have a few bowls readily available for guests to grab from, that way if they are tempted by the puppy eyes to give the pooch food, they can grab a few of those instead

My dog article site - K9Domain
My dog blog - Dog Notes
Jr_K9_Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 03:11 AM   #3
Been Around A While

Send a message via Skype™ to cockermom93
Thats a really good idea Steven... my dogs would just find a way to help themselves to those bowls though LOL
Love your pets like theres no tomarrow!!
come watch and comment on my videos!
cockermom93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 03:45 AM   #4
Been Around A While

Most of our holiday visitors are our kids, who grew up following good practices and may be more fanatical than their parents. Now 3 year old George and 9 month old Elizabeth? We could have 6 dogs competing for the premium space under the high chair.
Labman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 03:47 PM   #5
Been Around A While

The only thing my gang gets into is horse poop when we go to my aunts country house for thanksgiving. They have fun, though.
CerbiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 01:23 AM   #6
Been Around A While

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
sandyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > K9 Mania Dog Park > Site news