Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Canine Training > Aggression » Another Pitty Attack

Old 04-16-2010, 06:52 PM   #11
Shara
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to Shara
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchnauzkyLVR View Post
This is just horrible...poor dog. People who cant properly raise a dog should not have one...regardless of breed.

Very well said.
~Meredith
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥
Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 07:48 PM   #12
pennycantu
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaR View Post
sad situation for the baby as well as the dog something like that could have been prevented easily.

I do have to say just because she got pregnant at a young age doesnt mean she was on drugs. I too got pregnant at 16 and I have never touched drugs, cigerettes, or alcohol. Normally I am a very light sleeper and any little noise wakes me up, but 1 time when my son was, I think around 2 weeks old (he is 14 now) I was up late studying for a test for school after only getting a couple of hours of sleep, I crashed!! My mom said she couldnt even wake me up, luckily she was there to take care of him. I felt awfull I couldnt believe I slept through my babies cries. My husband (boyfriend back then) worked through the nights so my mom would help out if I needed, but most of the time I did it on my own.

I am not trying to make excuses for the girl as I dont know what her situation is, maybe she just wasnt blessed enough to have the help and support I did.
i don't mean to characterise all teen pregnancies like this. i have a great friend who was pregnant at 15. she's a grandma now. things are a lot different today though than they were 14 years ago and what was taboo then, is the norm now. she may not have been on drugs but she still should not have been passed out til noon with a baby just home from the hospital either.
pennycantu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 07:50 PM   #13
pennycantu
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shara View Post
Very well said.
and if they can't raise a dog, they certainly shouldn't be raising a baby
pennycantu is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Canine Training > Aggression