Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Active Dogs > Accessories & Equipment » Bed Recommendations?

Old 09-27-2009, 02:51 AM   #11
turfgirl
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to turfgirl
Thanks, when I finally get some time for "me" will let you know and we can make the arrangemets esp for the bed lol. You had better clear it with her first she might not want to share lol. Hugs Susan & Lexcee
turfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 07:39 AM   #12
ann_hawes
Been Around A While

These are the most durable dog beds I've ever used. I have two that have both survived over 5 years of Rottie use. My only problem with them is that they don't stack well and take up space, as I have multiple dogs and a rather small house. If I had more room, I'd have them for all of my dogs.
http://kuranda.com/

Silence is golden,
Duct tape is silver.
ann_hawes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 08:01 AM   #13
aussie_cattle_dog
New Around Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann_hawes View Post
These are the most durable dog beds I've ever used. I have two that have both survived over 5 years of Rottie use. My only problem with them is that they don't stack well and take up space, as I have multiple dogs and a rather small house. If I had more room, I'd have them for all of my dogs.
http://kuranda.com/
They are gorgeous beds, Ann ! My husband reckons though, that even the slight evelavtion would be too much for Bart, and I reckon he might be right

Thanks everyone for your recos so far!!
aussie_cattle_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 11:01 AM   #14
ann_hawes
Been Around A While

why would the elevation be too much? arthritis? my dogs with arthritis and hip problems are the ones that love them.

Silence is golden,
Duct tape is silver.
ann_hawes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 12:40 PM   #15
sizzledobes
Site Regular

Here are the Perla beds:
http://www.dog.com/item/indoor-outdo...ushion/020812/

they last forever, and you can put cheapo blankets in them for padding.

I thought my dogs wouldn't use theirs, but they actually like them. The dogs feel like they're being cuddled, since the beds are oval shaped and have those raised sides.

Ronin likes to lay down in his and flop his head over the edge... it's pretty cute!
... and Ada the Demon Corgi
sizzledobes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 01:33 PM   #16
aussie_cattle_dog
New Around Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann_hawes View Post
why would the elevation be too much? arthritis? my dogs with arthritis and hip problems are the ones that love them.
2 years ago Bart ruptured his cruciate ligament and even after all his ops, his leg has never been the same. He has trouble with the slightest of elevation

I used to have a perla-type bed for Bart, but for some reason gave it away. And for some reason my husband isnt keen on getting another. Arrrgggghhhh fuss-pot !
aussie_cattle_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:48 PM   #17
lavenderlil
Been Around A While

Dog Bed

What about thick bed cushions that are comfy,but also go in the washingmachine,as required
Lavender Lil
lavenderlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 04:20 PM   #18
gsdmama
Been Around A While

maybe late but what i did was i got kennel beds that have a foam pad and a cover that I can take off and wash. well I had so very thin small blankets and placed them on top of the foam pad and zipped up the cover so now when they are in their crates while I am gone they have my scent and plus their kongs.
rest in peace my little Nikko. until we meet again. momma misses you and her heart aches every time she thinks of you, wishing you were still here to play with Joey and Elsa.
gsdmama is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Active Dogs > Accessories & Equipment