Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > K9 Mania Dog Park > General Discussion » When are puppies due?

Old 11-22-2010, 07:54 PM   #1
gunslingerspride
Site Regular

When are puppies due?

Hi. My wolf I am pretty sure is pregnant. I can't feel any puppies, but as of six last night she does have milk. Since she has milk how fast should she have the puppies?
gunslingerspride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:57 PM   #2
speedwayspringer
Been Around A While

Send a message via AIM to speedwayspringer Send a message via Yahoo to speedwayspringer
She would be due 63 days from her first mating with the male.
Just because she has milk doesn't mean she is pregnant...she can have a false pregnacy and they do get milk in towards then of it.

Do you know what day is is on?
Visit my website at:
www.speedwaykennels.com
speedwayspringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:25 PM   #3
Jr_K9_Expert
Been Around A While

Send a message via AIM to Jr_K9_Expert
Wolf? Preganant?

Hmmm are you looking to get flamed or something?

P.S. But yes SpeedwaySpringer is correct on both counts.
-Steven

My dog article site - K9Domain
My dog blog - Dog Notes
Jr_K9_Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 03:14 AM   #4
gunslingerspride
Site Regular

I am not sure when. It was a hectic time. We lost a dog the day it happened. We had the two girls in the pen together but one got out and got run over. My husband saw a dog in the pen and thought it was her but it couldn't have been unfortunately somehow ours got out and was in the road. I spent the next week bawling and really didnt think about the claim there was another dog there. The time frame is about right though because it has been a little over a couple of months since I lost Honey.

Last edited by gunslingerspride : 11-23-2010 at 03:28 AM. Reason: forgot to write something
gunslingerspride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 07:36 PM   #5
Jr_K9_Expert
Been Around A While

Is your dog a wolf hybrid or a dog named wolf?

Also, it probably would have been better to have googled an easy question like this....
-Steven

My dog blog - Dog Notes
Old 11-23-2010, 08:54 PM   #6
Labman
Been Around A While

A Google search is less likely to set off the spay/neuter police. I have seen questions asking about the jestation period of a dog. A search might have come up empty.

While I am quick to think the worst when I see basic questions about breeding, there are those that deserve a little help. On another forum, I have seen people that took in a pregnant stray get flamed. Of course, it never hurts to give some more details to assure people you aren't a BYB wantabe.

If you have little experience whelping puppies, I would go to the library and look for a book. What libraries tend to have may be out of date, but the basics don't change. Also some good info at http://www.woodhavenlabs.com/articles.html#breeding Finding experienced help is good too.
Labman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 11:13 PM   #7
6dogmom
Been Around A While

Send a message via AIM to 6dogmom Send a message via MSN to 6dogmom
Can be 59-63 from the breeding with the male. Both my females went on day 59 this time. We have always been able to feel the pups toward the end, but my dogs have short fur so that may make it easier. Don't know each female if different.
Have you noticed an personality differences? Maybe more snuggly or irratible. My Dalyce likes to spend lots of time in her cage toward the end. Keegan was different she was super happy just to snuggle and have her people rub her fat belly.
Lots of times they will loose hair around the nipples. Have you noticed any nesting behavior? Like picking a special spot to lay a lot of the time. When you notice this the time can be near, but like I said all females are different. It would be smart to take her temp now and see what her base line is, then when you notice she maybe ready you can take it again, if it drops it will be within 24 hours.
Hope this helps. Feel free to ask anything.
6dogmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 10:58 PM   #8
Jr_K9_Expert
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labman View Post
A Google search is less likely to set off the spay/neuter police. I have seen questions asking about the jestation period of a dog. A search might have come up empty.
A search would not have yielded empty results. It would prevent the OP from being flamed. Such amateur questions hit a nerve with certain people on forums, especially because you never know if the OP is just trolling.

59-63 days. Its not rocket science. I googled "Pregnant dog, how many days till puppies" and within the first result I got "Although it takes an average of 62 days for puppies to gestate" without having to click on any site.

Good sites such as Woodhavenlabs would have certainly come up with some searching.

....not to mention wolf hybrids is also a touchy subject.
-Steven

My dog blog - Dog Notes
Old 11-25-2010, 12:31 AM   #9
Momto3
Been Around A While

Not flaming. Accidents happen. Get er fixed. I-net not a place to go for whelping tips and all but accidents happen. Hope you find good homes for the pups.
Sharon - Mom to Mozart, Monte, Merlin and Mylee! my boyz!
Momto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 02:45 AM   #10
sandyb
Been Around A While

I'd say it was time for a visit to your vet. Good luck with the pups.
sandyb is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > K9 Mania Dog Park > General Discussion