Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Other Issues > Not about K9 stuff » hows it going?

Old 03-10-2011, 05:57 PM   #1
JessicaR
Been Around A While

hows it going?

Its been pretty quiet here lately. I know I have been busy myself! Whats everyone been up to?

We have had a lot of snow this past couple of months followed by lots of rain, so there has been a lot of flooding in our city. Luckily where I live didnt really flood, except for the yard from ground water. Our 4-h advisor lives near the river and he had to be evacuated for a week!

All of Belle's pups are in their new homes, except for 1, I am watching him until his new owners get back from their Florida vacation on Monday then I will be puppyless I didnt keep 1 from this litter since she only had 1 girl and she cute but just not quite what I was looking for. I am hopefully going to be getting a male pup next month if he turns out to be showable.

4-h has started for the kids. Our club is going to focus on doing agility this year, so that will be something fun for the kids to do. I am hoping to go to some shows myself this year. There is one at the end of April, hopefully Belle will have some of her coat back by then!

Zora went back to pilot dogs yesterday. She was just too skittish and they felt she would do better staying with their professional trainer for a while. Hopefully they can work through her issues.
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 05:16 PM   #2
CerbiesMom
Been Around A While

Yay for your pups all having new homes! Good luck with your next pup.

I've been busy with the garden. Expanding, planting, starting seeds, transplanting. But now I'm out of room, and I'm sad. But I can't wait for fresh tomatoes.
Pups are all good. I still have JAsmine, my foster. The 5th marked the one year anniversary of having her. I really hope she finds a home. It's not fair how much time she has to spend in a kennel. If she and Cerbie didn't get along, and run zoomies through the yard for hours, I don't know how I'd cope with their energy.
I've started doing office work for my aunt, who owns her own landscaping company. It's been different, but I like that I can go to work in my Pj's.
CerbiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 04:09 AM   #3
turfgirl
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to turfgirl
Guess we are all busy lol. Lots of snow, rain here too. Our roof if finally being replaced omg what a mess. Lexcee hates it. She will not go out on the roof at all so thank God for pee pads!!!!!!!!!

Things starting up for me quickly amazing how quickly it sneaks up on you. I am happy to say we are still in buisness, we are now one of the only independents left in this area and the BIG GUYS are trying to steal all my customers, but my customers are loyal. I always say the only way I lose a customer is if the move or sad to say pass away.

I hope all of you are well and all the furbabies keeping you happy and well loved and you them in return.

Hugs and kisses

Susan and the Turf Gang
turfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 04:52 AM   #4
Shells_k
Been Around A While

Busy busy here! Finally most of the snow has melted from the blizzard in Jan. Daughter made it on the V-ball team (7th grade), so that has been eating up a lot of my time, amongst other things..

Glad to hear all is well with the pups, keep us posted on if you get the male or not! I will be keeping Zora in my thoughts-just out of curiosity what happens to her if she doesnt work out? She is a gorgeous pup~~
Hugs -

Shells, Jessie, Sugar, Abby, and Molly

Shells, Jessie, Sugar Booger,
Abby, Molly, Oreo & Puff
.. )) -::-
. .))
((. .. -::-
-::- ((.*
Shells_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 01:06 PM   #5
JessicaR
Been Around A While

If she doesnt graduate they will adopt her out to a family. They have long waiting lists for there dogs that dont make it.

It is supposed to 60 degrees for St. Patty's day!! I cant wait for it to finaly warm up I need to start walking the dogs some more, I have put on too much winter weight
Old 03-13-2011, 07:11 PM   #6
Shells_k
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaR View Post
I need to start walking the dogs some more, I have put on too much winter weight
ME TOO!!!!

Abby, Molly, Oreo & Puff
. .))
Old 03-14-2011, 04:54 AM   #7
turfgirl
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to turfgirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shells_k View Post
ME TOO!!!!
I'll take it from both of you, just send it on up here!!!!!!!!!
turfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:45 AM   #8
JessicaR
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by turfgirl View Post
I'll take it from both of you, just send it on up here!!!!!!!!!
Gladely how much do you want!!!!!
Old 03-14-2011, 12:45 PM   #9
Shells_k
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaR View Post
Gladely how much do you want!!!!!
LOL same here!

Abby, Molly, Oreo & Puff
. .))
Old 03-23-2011, 11:04 PM   #10
JessicaR
Been Around A While

Well the male puppy is not turning out to be good enough to show Back to the drawing board for me. I think i am going to try to get pup from a different breeder, that way I can get either a male or female and that way I get a free breeding from Sherri's CH. male which I will get pick of litter. The new puppy is due to be born April first so it will be a little while before i get a puppy.

I have a dog show coming up at the end of April Coat or no coat Belle is going to show, I want to get back in the ring so i can practice more. We will probably get beaten by her daughter Juliet, who looks a lot like Belle only better! She took all the good points from the parents just as I was hoping.

The weather is crappy today and will be all week, no temps above 36 I cant wait for it to stay in the 70's for a while!

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Other Issues > Not about K9 stuff