Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > K9 Mania Dog Park > General Discussion » Missing all the dogs!

Old 07-11-2011, 07:05 AM   #1
sandyb
Been Around A While

Missing all the dogs!

You know I've been thinking that although some of us from this site chat on Facebook, I'm really missing all the dog stories, the competitions, and the photos that we used to post on here. I miss Cerbie and all the cockers, Elsa, Patchs, Lexcee and all the others. I miss Michael's recipes and hints, and I miss bragging about Jazz and Jett! Does anyone else feel the same? Can we get the old cameraderie back on K9? Please???????
sandyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:56 AM   #2
Labman
Been Around A While

This was not a good year for us. Last fall our Raven failed as a dog guide. She had mild unilateral hip dysplacia. Despite the best efforts, there is no breeding it out. We looked at getting her into some other programs, but everything fell through. Finally we arranged for her to go the the host family that keeps her mother. Unfortunately, she is still in another temporary home. Her mother is about to whelp, and she won't be allowed to join the family until the puppies are a month old.

We continue to enjoy Sampson, our 9 year old black Lab retired guide dog. We named our new puppy, a yellow Lab, Delilah. She is a year old. Tomorrow she shows at county fair in 4-H obedience.
Labman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 01:34 AM   #3
BetterDog4U
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyb View Post
Does anyone else feel the same? Can we get the old cameraderie back on K9? Please???????
Im glad you brought this up. I was thinking the same thing. K9 seams to have gotten preety quiet over the past 8-10 months. I ve actually hit the site several days in a row and not seen any new posts.

You know how to get the "whats for supper" thread going again ... just give me a topic or and ingreident.

Ive tried to put different and unique content on FB so that it wouldnt be boring for those who visit both.

Things have been rather busy for me over the past 5 months. I lost a business associate and have had to burn the candle at both ends for the past few months. Plus trying to keep the fam going and looking after my elderly mom. Ad to that, Im also trying to put together a new non-profit ... Some nights I just sit down in my recliner an explode for the stress.

But IM IN ...
- Michael -

Full of Life ... and Herself - Visit PATCHS' Website
Loving Friend & Faithful Companion - Visit NEKA's Memorial Website
My Little Buddy for 15+ Years - Visit CHIP's Memorial Website
BetterDog4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 07:12 AM   #4
sandyb
Been Around A While

Yes, it's been very quiet for a long time, and I'm really sad about that - it was always the first place I checked in a morning to see what the dogs had been up to.
Things have been busy here too - I've been doing agility with Jett and obedience with Jazz, and the dog trainer and I have started up a dog club in town, which needs to become incorporated so we can get finance for a new dog training facility/dog park. We found a disused skateboard park and are allowed to use it for training, and hope to develop the site once we have funding, and we have some of the Shire people onside, and the rangers and vets too, so it sounds promising. So that's been keeping me busy for a while - and will do for some time to come, I hope. Before winter set in the dog club had several outings - mainly consisting of a dog walk followed by lunch/picnic etc - and even got a winery to accept a group of 10 people and 8 dogs to dine on their verandah. All good fun - for dogs AND people.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:14 PM   #5
JessicaR
Been Around A While

This time of year is always busy for me. Between 4-h and baseball I feel like I am never home! Espeically now with fair time coming and baseball tournaments
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 12:14 AM   #6
ann_hawes
Been Around A While

I quit posting here about my dogs after noticing there were 50+ views but no replies. Didn't seem so friendly anymore. The nasty little personal attack last year left a bad taste in my mouth anyway.

but busy here too, and that's always good.

Silence is golden,
Duct tape is silver.
ann_hawes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 02:22 AM   #7
Labman
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaR View Post
This time of year is always busy for me. Between 4-h and baseball I feel like I am never home! Especially now with fair time coming and baseball tournaments
Yes, in the good old summer time. Baseball, it runs most of May and June for me. I am at the field 4 nights a week keeping score, sometimes Friday for rain make up. Except Friday is 4-H practice. Our kids are long past that, but we let other kids show our foster puppy. They can show their own dog plus a service dog puppy. Delilah took first in a class of 3-4. One of the things the kids like about it is that a couple of them get nice trophies. Our daughter once came home with a 3' high one as the only entrant in her class. She almost died of embarrassment when Nugget mounted the judge's leg.

I really felt bad at a church board meeting tonight. We talked about a whole bunch of things I think the church should do. I have dog stuff every one of the dates, and some of it, I am in charge of. I missed my service club meeting. I wasn't there to receive my member of the year award.

Friday is also a festival night. Some Fridays when my wife worked, we dropped Delilah off with a friend so I could work the festival for my service club.

Oh, year around Sampson and I take church bulletins to a nursing home Friday afternoon. A lot of people enjoy his visits.
Labman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 03:43 AM   #8
turfgirl
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to turfgirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann_hawes View Post
I quit posting here about my dogs after noticing there were 50+ views but no replies. Didn't seem so friendly anymore. The nasty little personal attack last year left a bad taste in my mouth anyway.

but busy here too, and that's always good.
Ann, so glad you have not given up on us. Miss ya, you know we love you and value your opinions and responses. I enjoy reading them. I too am really busy with work and health situation, but am trying to make more time to keep in contact, hope you do the same.

BTW I would love to see more pics of your majestic furbabies, I just adore them.

Susan & The Turf Gang xx
turfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 05:48 AM   #9
sandyb
Been Around A While

Ann, I didn't realise someone had been rude to you - I can't imagine who or what about, as we all love to hear what Baloo is up to - but please don't let it put you off, you know most of us on here are really nice people. Let's get posting photos of our dogs and get right back into it. I can't tell you how much I miss seeing all the dogs, and hearing about their exploits.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:11 PM   #10
turfgirl
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to turfgirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyb View Post
Ann, I didn't realise someone had been rude to you - I can't imagine who or what about, as we all love to hear what Baloo is up to - but please don't let it put you off, you know most of us on here are really nice people. Let's get posting photos of our dogs and get right back into it. I can't tell you how much I miss seeing all the dogs, and hearing about their exploits.
Hey cuz, we should have some fun and run a photo contest again, remember last year we had them for different topics. That would be fun. What do you think??????
turfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > K9 Mania Dog Park > General Discussion