Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > K9 Mania Dog Park > Member Introductions » Hi i am new to this site

Old 05-03-2009, 05:10 PM   #11
dogforever
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryl View Post
Hi I am new to this site and I am interested in some uplifting conversation. I just lost my Aussie of 12 years only two weeks ago and would love to have some light conversation to get me out of my saddness (at least for a little while)

cheryl
Hi Chery welcome to this forum and in our family also welcome to your family hope u r having fun in this site and so sorry dear about the loss really I am so sorry
dogforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 08:26 PM   #12
cheryl
Site Regular

Thank You To All

I would like to thank all of you for your support and listening ear. I know that we all are soulmates when it comes to loving our pets and greiving for them when they are gone.

I read your article (A Better Dog 4 You) and again we see the true common bond we have when it comes to our pets. The article helped by forcing me to read what I have been thinking although in a jumbled way. I've thought of getting a new pet but as you said I just might not be ready. I dismiss that thought right away because I know that I would resent him, compare him, and be overwhelmed by the entire process of a puppy at this time. The pain of losing Cheyenne is as raw as the day it happened although it will be two years ago this
June 29th. Infact the grief gets worse each day, the course of events that lead up to his death and of course his death haunt me day and night, I just don't know what to do, he was my everything and .....

Again I thank my friends on this site for your words of comfort and take all that you say to heart.

Cheyenne's Mom
cheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 12:12 AM   #13
CerbiesMom
Been Around A While

Oh, Cheryl. I can empathize with you. I lost my last dog when I was 15. Ten years ago. I still miss her. My current dog will do something that reminds me of her, and it can still bring tears to my eyes. Dogs have a special place in our hearts and lives. Nothing can ever replace them. Cheyenne must have been a very special dog to have such an impact on you. Everyone is different, it takes different lengths of time to get over things. I've always found that writing my feelings down helps me to deal with them. It really helped me when I lost my mom. I still really miss her. Some days it's still terrible. You just have to take it a day at a time. Almost all of us here have been through some loss, we've all felt what you've felt. Feel free to talk to us as much as you need.
CerbiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 01:03 AM   #14
doc2boc
Been Around A While

Thumbs up

WHALE CUM

to the family
Everyone knows dog is God spelled backwards..
doc2boc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 07:01 PM   #15
elsasmom
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryl View Post
II've thought of getting a new pet but as you said I just might not be ready. I dismiss that thought right away because I know that I would resent him, compare him, and be overwhelmed by the entire process of a puppy at this time. The pain of losing Cheyenne is as raw as the day it happened although it will be two years ago this
June 29th. Infact the grief gets worse each day, the course of events that lead up to his death and of course his death haunt me day and night, I just don't know what to do, he was my everything and .....

Cheyenne's Mom
Cheryl: I really feel your pain as so many of us have been torn apart by the death of our furry soulmates. There's always one that stays with us. For me this was a little cat named Moses who I loved beyond all reason for 13 years. When I walked around in a fog, my husband suggested a new cat in spite of the 3 we still had. I finally rescued a 6 month old dog from a shelter. I haven't stopped grieving Moses, but my life is meaningful in being needed by this dog who needed a home and a Mom. It's been 5 years and, like Michael, I have created a memorial garden for Moses and still miss him to tears. The difference is the quality of life I have with my rescued dog, Elsa June. She gave me a reason to get out of bed. You really can miss your beloved Cheyenne and love another at the same time. A new fur friend will just be your buddy in your sadness and help lift you out of it a few minutes at a time, while giving you some joy in your home. There are so many that need to be rescued. Like Michael and I, you can find one that needs you and is totally different so your expectations needn't be to replace but just to live on.
God bless you in your sadness. You're in my prayers.
Love me; Love my dog
elsasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:20 PM   #16
cheryl
Site Regular

Help! I posted a health question under General Health but that area doesn't look like it gets much attention. How do I transfer my question to another forum? Is it possible? If not... I do have a question on Aussies and a new health concern, it's in the General Health section.

Thank You
Cheyenne's mom
Old 06-04-2009, 04:47 PM   #17
Furbilator
Been Around A While

Cheryl, although you may not be ready to adopt a new fur-member of the family consider going to your local shelter to help other dogs, even just one dog, by walking him/her, feeding, grooming, etc. Do it in the name of your beloved Cheyenne. The care and attention you desparately want to give to your Cheyenne but cannot can be given to an animal in need and it will lift your spirits and ease your grief.

When I was volunteering at our local animal shelter I had one really old lady come in each and every day for a year or so after she lost her beloved doggie named Mitzy of 18years. Before she walked into the shelter she used to say "For you Mitzy". She said she didn't want to adopt a dog because she was in ill health but for her not being around an animal was very hard and made the loss of Mitzy worse. She had lost her husband of almost 70 years just before losing Mitzy, she had lost two children to cancer and one to war and was alone in the world...Mitzy got her through all of it. She usually sat in a chair in the back room and gently groomed gentle dogs both big and small and said she always felt closer to Mitzy after having visited the shelter. When she passed away she donated to the shelter and now there is several kennels, a nice grooming bay and visiting area for shelter dogs and visitors to enjoy.

Just a thought

Furbs
All messages have been lab tested and approved!
Furbilator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 05:48 PM   #18
elsasmom
Been Around A While

What an awesome idea, Furbs
Love me; Love my dog
elsasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 11:30 PM   #19
cheryl
Site Regular

Thank you furbilator, I think that doing some sort of work with dogs may help. I was thinking of going to the trainers that Cheyenne took his doggie dancing classes to see if I could help with the classes. It was fun, upbeat and oh so.....cute.

Cheyenne's Mom

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > K9 Mania Dog Park > Member Introductions