Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > K9 Mania Dog Park > Member Introductions » Hi i am new to this site

Old 07-22-2007, 12:47 AM   #1
cheryl
Site Regular

Hi i am new to this site

Hi I am new to this site and I am interested in some uplifting conversation. I just lost my Aussie of 12 years only two weeks ago and would love to have some light conversation to get me out of my saddness (at least for a little while)

cheryl

Last edited by cheryl : 07-22-2007 at 12:50 AM. Reason: spelling check
cheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 04:17 AM   #2
May209
Been Around A While

Hi cheryl I'm very sorry about your aussie. that is always a hard road to visit. We wish they would live forever. Do you have any other pets???
May209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 03:16 PM   #3
aussierottys
New Around Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryl View Post
Hi I am new to this site and I am interested in some uplifting conversation. I just lost my Aussie of 12 years only two weeks ago and would love to have some light conversation to get me out of my saddness (at least for a little while)

cheryl
Hi Cheryl

So sorry to hear of your loss.R.I.P

It can be so painful to lose our pets.

How are you doing now?
aussierottys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 07:19 PM   #4
cheryl
Site Regular

Still Sad

As we get closer to the second anniversary to Cheyenne's death I sadly say that the pain and dispair is worse everyday.

The trama of the way the last four years of his life went and the horror of the last few hours still haunts me. I haven't as yet even gone through the missing him, the noticing that he isn't here or there, instead I am engulfed in the saddness of the death as though it just happened yesterday.

I can't replace him with another, I promised him I would always be his mom. I am to emotionally caught up in the loss that the thought of starting over is an overwhelming thought.

He was so attached to me and I know that he could never have lived without me (he was an Aussie). When I was gone he wouldn't even lift his head off the floor, eat, or drink, he just totally gave up his will to live. On rare occassions I would need to be gone on four day trips and he never moved from the spot that I left him. Now he's gone and here I am. I truly just exist from day to day, not wanting to come home because the most horrible thing in the world happened there. I keep myself frantically busy every minute so I can't focus on him and anxiously await bedtime so I can turn off my thoughts of him. I've finally stopped dreaming of him at night.

Not an uplifting post, but maybe it will help to share my feelings, get it off my chest so to speak. I don't beleive in doggy heaven, it isn't scriptual, so that isn't a consolation.

Now I need to go outside it's spring and time to prepare for the summer, this is when we had the most fun together, shopping for plants together, planting the plants, etc. how I dread this what has always been my favorite time of year.

Cheyenne's mom
cheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 08:15 PM   #5
Labman
Been Around A While

We had to put Aster down last fall about a month after she turned 15.

The Power of a Dog

There is sorrow enough in the natural way From men and women to fill our day; and when we are certain of sorrow in store, Why do we always arrange for more? Brothers and sisters, I bid you beware Of giving your heart to a dog to tear.

Buy a pup and your money will buy Love unflinching that cannot lie- Perfect passion and worship fed By a kick in the ribs or a pat on the head. Nevertheless it is hardly fair To risk your heart for a dog to tear

When the fourteen years which Nature permits Are closing in asthma, or tumour, or fits, And the vet's unspoken prescription runs To lethal chambers or loaded guns, Then you will find - it's your own affair- But... you've given your heart to a dog to tear.

When the body that lived at your single will, With its whimper of welcome, is stilled (how still!) When the spirit that answered your every mood Is gone - wherever it goes - for good, You will discover how much you care, And will give your heart to a dog to tear.

We've sorrow enough in the natural way, When it comes to burying Christian Clay. Our loves are not given, but only lent, At compound interest of cent per cent. Though it is not always the case, I believe, That the longer we've kept 'em, the more do we grieve:

For, when debts are payable, right or wrong, A short time loan is as bad as a long- So why in - Heaven (before we are there) Should we give our hearts to a dog to tear?

Rudyard Kipling.
Labman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 08:19 PM   #6
hcromley
Been Around A While

im very sorry for loss its never easy losing a loved pet i hope being here and talking about will help its a great place
great pyrenees lover
hcromley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 01:02 AM   #7
Lola_Joy
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to Lola_Joy Send a message via Yahoo to Lola_Joy
Wow, I feel for your loss.

Hugs,
Cheyenne and Lola

Last edited by Lola_Joy : 05-03-2009 at 02:39 AM.
Lola_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 04:29 AM   #8
BetterDog4U
Been Around A While

We all have had to deal with the loss of a pet at one time or another. I've had to deal with it 3 times in the past 2 years. The first was my best friend for over 15 1/2 years. He was a Dalmatian named Chip. (see memorial site - Link in my sig).

The second was my best friends black lab. (Jake). The third was Chips' best friend that he grew up with. He was a White GSD named Hoss. So I know where you are coming from too.

We all have to find a way to "let go and move on". It is different for everyone. What worked for me, may not work for you, so you have to find what works for you.

What worked for me was: I spent time with ppl that knew each of them. We talked about the great times we had and what it was like to be with them.

I also created a website for Chip, made a photo scrapbook, and several videos. I also came to this website where i was able to find others who had gone thru the same type of loss. "There is strength in numbers."

It also helpped me to share my photos and some of my stories here.

After the loss of Chip, I found that the emptyness I felt could be temporily calmed by hanging out with Hoss and other neighborhood dogs that knew him. At that point I felt that the best way to honor Chip's life was to save another life. So I went to the local shelter and adopted Neka. Neka is nothing like Chip. In fact, there are mirror oppisites.

I never thought that I could find another dog like Chip. But Neka is just as great ... in different ways ... and I am SO glad I found her. And now, 19 onths later, when i play with her, I think of all the good time we are making and I remember the ones I had with Chip too. That gives me peace, and it makes me feel a connection with the spirit of Chip.

The same goes with Hoss and Jake.

Loosing a pet is no different than loosing a human friend or family member. You don't ever forget them, you just celibrate your times together with those other ppl that are left behind with you.

If you feel that you will never get over this loss, i suggest you contact your minister of a professional councilor.

I hope this helps in some small way and I wish you peace!
- Michael -

Full of Life ... and Herself - Visit PATCHS' Website
Loving Friend & Faithful Companion - Visit NEKA's Memorial Website
My Little Buddy for 15+ Years - Visit CHIP's Memorial Website
BetterDog4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 04:37 AM   #9
BetterDog4U
Been Around A While

Here is a link to an article I wrote about coping with pet loss. It may also be of some help too.

http://www.albeedigital.com/betterdo...h_pet_loss.htm
- Michael -

Full of Life ... and Herself - Visit PATCHS' Website
Loving Friend & Faithful Companion - Visit NEKA's Memorial Website
My Little Buddy for 15+ Years - Visit CHIP's Memorial Website
BetterDog4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 09:54 AM   #10
dobetaztic
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to dobetaztic
Welcome to k9mania family I am so sorry for your loss like it has been said there are many of us here that have lost our beloved companions and understand what you are experiencing so feel free to talk we all have compasionate ears here. just remember he is free from pain and suffering and though he is not around in body his spirit will always live in your heart. I found that some of my pain lessened when i wrote letters to each of my pups when they died, i told them in the letters how i felt, my guilt, my pain how i missed them that i wished i could join them. i put every thing down. I cried my sole out in each letter and then put each letter with each individuals ashes, but you could do what ever you wanted to. The letters are personal and no one will ever read them but you, i also put a picture with their ashes. It's just an Idea but I know it helped me when i lost with in 3 months 5 in a year. Never feel guilty in how you are feeling only another doggie owner can undersand as we know how they get into out hearts, you are going through the greiving process which any one would if it was a family member. we are all here to listen and help if needed.
if your house looks like its been hit by a tornado your owned by a dobermann RIP Lyric, Caito, Daimler, Autumn, Hope and Archie see you at Rainbow Bridge My heart is broken, all of you gone in one year, run free, play hard and wait for me.
dobetaztic is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > K9 Mania Dog Park > Member Introductions