Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Show Dogs > What is it all about? » The Thrill of showing your own dogs

Old 11-09-2010, 08:59 PM   #1
speedwayspringer
Been Around A While

Send a message via AIM to speedwayspringer Send a message via Yahoo to speedwayspringer
The Thrill of showing your own dogs

Howdy gang,

wow it's been awhile since i've been on. so far 2010 has been a great show season for me and the kids.
Dale earned her CD and Rally Excellent titles this year, Jasmine earned her Rally Advanced title before she was bred, then earned her CD title 16 wks after pups were born
Her daughter Birdie earned her Rally Novice title in 3 straight shows.....

then the big one of the year was Chevy finishing his AKC championship owner/handled for all except 4 single points on 8/29 then after some pratice with the birds i took him back out as a Special for the first time and we won Best of Breed over the #2 bitch in the country along with a few other ranked specials that were there on Halloween day
What a thrill it was to go into the Sporting Group ring with my boy and share inthis exciting win....i see a really bright future for this yound man
Visit my website at:
www.speedwaykennels.com
speedwayspringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 10:50 PM   #2
elsasmom
Been Around A While

WOW... you've been busy.
Congratulations on all the wins. You should be very proud of your dogs and their fine showing for all your time and effort with them. They certainly are gorgeous. Keep up the fine work_Marie
Love me; Love my dog
elsasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 03:27 AM   #3
Shara
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to Shara
So glad to hear from you and your crew, what an exciting year! Keep up the good work!
~Meredith
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥
Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 04:54 AM   #4
Lyka_01
Site Regular

I am very happy to your and your gang...

Keep up the good work...

And looking forward for more success of you and your dogs...^_^
Lyka_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 08:50 AM   #5
sandyb
Been Around A While

Lots of good news there - well done!
sandyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 11:18 AM   #6
6dogmom
Been Around A While

Send a message via AIM to 6dogmom Send a message via MSN to 6dogmom
That is soooo great. One of the trainers I work with is showing her collie, I am learning so much about the AKC show rings and how it works. It's harder than anyone can imagine so that is fabulous.
Got my shows in Dec. and Jan. I can't wait. I keep going back and forth on who I'm going to take with me. The scion is only so big, LOL.
6dogmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 08:41 PM   #7
CerbiesMom
Been Around A While

Of course Chevy did well, I've been telling you since the first pic how gorgeous that dog is. Congrats to you, and all your winning dogs.
CerbiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:11 PM   #8
speedwayspringer
Been Around A While

Send a message via AIM to speedwayspringer Send a message via Yahoo to speedwayspringer
careful Cerbie you may find him on your step one of these days...lol

He is turning into a very handsome boy instead of that gangly teenager he was. I still can't believe we have beaten the #2 bitch ...we go back this sunday for another go at her...lol and then we have a GSP speciality on dec 11 &12th...lord i hope and pray that he gets a breed win there....then he will be a BISS winner just like the rest of his pedigree

Then it will be the girls turn in the breed ring now that thier coats are growing back in and they are maturing nicely.
Visit my website at:
www.speedwaykennels.com
speedwayspringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 11:06 AM   #9
JessicaR
Been Around A While

Good luck with your upcoming shows!!

I really miss showing I unfortunatly have to take a break, I wont show a pregnant dog and she is the only one i can show right now. I am hoping she will give me a nice girl in this litter so I can have another dog to show. Plus I have a male coming sometime mid next year.
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 02:58 PM   #10
CerbiesMom
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedwayspringer View Post
careful Cerbie you may find him on your step one of these days...lol

He is turning into a very handsome boy instead of that gangly teenager he was. I still can't believe we have beaten the #2 bitch ...we go back this sunday for another go at her...lol and then we have a GSP speciality on dec 11 &12th...lord i hope and pray that he gets a breed win there....then he will be a BISS winner just like the rest of his pedigree

Then it will be the girls turn in the breed ring now that thier coats are growing back in and they are maturing nicely.
And I was just thinking i'd have to look you up years down the road when I'm ready for my next dog. I'll gladly have Chevy show up unnanounced whenever you're fed up with him.
CerbiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Show Dogs > What is it all about?