Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Other Issues > Not about K9 stuff » Hard Decisions

Old 03-31-2012, 09:36 PM   #1
Momto3
Been Around A While

Hard Decisions

I wanted to let my friends know I took your advice in a way. Since my Mom passed away 07/04/11 I had some decisions to make. I was really tired of the ugliness in my life from my own family. Mom was a big part of that - always telling me I wasn't her child, I was not wanted, I didn't deserve, etc. Mom passed away last year. Brother shut me out of the whole process. He was her life...her reason to live. He also told me numerous times to "never f-ing call here again". He's got his wish. Youngest daughter decided to attack me one week after my Mother passed for something I could not possibly have anything to do with. She refuses to apologize nor will she admit the thing she accuses me of is not my problem - it's hers. Done.

For the first time in my life I am not depressed and unable to move. For the first time in my life I am free of the ugliness in my family. Not many families can do the Ozzie and Harriet thing. Mine definitely can't. We are screwed up. But I'm letting go. and so far it's good!
Sharon - Mom to Mozart, Monte, Merlin and Mylee! my boyz!
Momto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:02 PM   #2
JessicaR
Been Around A While

I am sorry for all the problems you have been having. But i am glad that you are feeling better about your decision, sometimes its better to just let go.
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:08 AM   #3
Shara
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to Shara
Im so sorry you are having a rough go, but it is true that sometimes our "family" is not related by blood...

True family is the people we truly love...appreciate and care for...

There is a lady at work that has had no family except a daughter (that is more trouble than anything...), and her family is the people at work...the other day she told me that she loved me...and how her family is the people she loves at work...she had a bad "Blood Family", and all are passed away...and how she never looks back because there is no use in dwelling on it...I think shes a very strong lady...and there is truth behind it all.

I have a strong blood family, but there are times when I feel like they just put up with me or I am loved because I am family and you are "suppose to love family." Confusing feelings...

Be strong, love yourself always...have fun in life and enjoy the people that mean the most in your life! The people who you enjoy the most probably feel the same about you!
~Meredith
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥
Shara is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Other Issues > Not about K9 stuff