Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > K9 Mania Dog Park > General Discussion » mistake to come back?

Old 08-21-2012, 09:02 PM   #1
elsasmom
Been Around A While

mistake to come back?

I haven't been on for quite a while because of distressing pics and videos being posted. I joined this site years ago to enjoy seeing and reading about other dog lover's fur babies. I enjoyed getting to know many people and their dog families and exchanged many posts and pics with new friends. It was fun and informative.
But it turned into a downer of bloody pics of fighting dogs, and abused dogs and sad videos. To those who post this stuff, you are preaching to the choir!!!
The people who post here are not fighting their dogs, torturing them or abandoning them. We don't need the steady diet of gore and depressing videos.
Today I looked in on the site to see if any of the old "gang" was still here and the first post I opened turned out to be a picture of several dead dogs on the floor of a shelter. Are you freeking kidding me? What dog lover wants to see this? I have one dog and she was rescued from a shelter. Do I need to look at a photo like that?
I'm saddened to see very few new posts, but I understand why others left as well. It was lovely to she Ann's collie doing agility and my favorite Cocker rescuer, but the photo of the dead dogs is the one burned into my brain. Too bad some people have to spoil a good thing for the rest.
BTW, my Elsa is 8 years old now and happy and healthy as ever._Marie
Love me; Love my dog
elsasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:17 AM   #2
ann_hawes
Been Around A While

It's great to see you back, someone who posts things worthy of reading and responding to. I've not been around much either, but not gone like you were. This forum used to be mostly about sharing good news about our dogs, but those types of posts are not the norm now. And the forum has become very quiet because of that. Glad your girl is doing well and I was very happy to see your post!

Silence is golden,
Duct tape is silver.
ann_hawes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:46 PM   #3
JessicaR
Been Around A While

I dont post much anymore either, I have been busy with all the animals and kids. I think alot of people are now posting on facebook, which I really dont do. But I do miss reading all the happy stories people used to post.

Here is whats been happening with my gang

I will be picking up a new guide dog foster for pilot dogs tomorrow, a standard poodle. We turned Emily in 3 weeks ago.

I am going to be showing Summer soon now that she is finally starting to get some coat on her. I havent decided on what show though. There is one September 8-9th but Belle's pups will only be a couple of weeks old so i dont think i want to leave them home alone that long. I may just have to wait until the November show.

I also rescued a 6-7 week old kitten, that is mostly persian. He (Casper) was kept in a garage with a bunch of other cats. He has a severe case of fleas and earmites, also has tape and round worm on top of being anemic. He is scared of people but we are working with him.

My easter egger chickens are all laying eggs now and my 2 australialorps and barred rock chicks should be laying eggs soon. My son wants to get some broiler chicks to butcher, still thinking on that one. I can clean them no problem but I dont like killing them.

Kids are all back in school now. I cant believe my son is in 11th grade now my middle son is in 6th grade, and my youngest is in 3rd They grow so fast
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:35 PM   #4
2dogscrzy4ball
Been Around A While

It's nice to see some of the old gang on here again. I also check in every now and then and miss the many topics that were discussed. I'm also very busy with kids, work and pets. I still have Emma and Katy but I'm sad to say my beloved Livvy dug out of the yard one day and got hit by a car. I have since adopted a pyrenese/collie mix who is now 5 months old and her name is Jenny. We still have the horses and chickens but a few months ago a neighbor was unable to take care of her 6 week old pot belly pig so we now have him and he's also 5 months. He's soooo funny and stays on my heels all the time. Hope to hear from others. Have a good week!
2dogscrzy4ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:49 PM   #5
ann_hawes
Been Around A While

!!! We want to see pictures of your dogs and the pig!!!
I'd like to see updated pics of everyone's well loved dogs!

Silence is golden,
Duct tape is silver.
ann_hawes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 01:37 AM   #6
Momto3
Been Around A While

Things are changing and I hope that means the economy is getting better! For myself...I have no time anymore. When unemployed for a year I was here twice a day...now once a week.

I did have a malfunction about a month ago with my Mozart. He likes to run like the wind and managed to hurt his back badly. He is now almost back to normal but he's sucking down 2 double-strength Glucosamine per day and I'm sure it's only gonna get worse as time goes on. He has a mobility cart but I did not want to start it too soon and now he does not seem to need it so much. He has learned "SLOW DOWN" with the usual nickname for stubborn dogs after it! Hoping all is well with others.
Sharon - Mom to Mozart, Monte, Merlin and Mylee! my boyz!
Momto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:50 PM   #7
2dogscrzy4ball
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann_hawes View Post
!!! We want to see pictures of your dogs and the pig!!!
I'd like to see updated pics of everyone's well loved dogs!
I'll try to get one on! He thinks he's a dog!!
2dogscrzy4ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:41 PM   #8
elsasmom
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dogscrzy4ball View Post
It's nice to see some of the old gang on here again. I also check in every now and then and miss the many topics that were discussed. I'm also very busy with kids, work and pets. I still have Emma and Katy but I'm sad to say my beloved Livvy dug out of the yard one day and got hit by a car. I have since adopted a pyrenese/collie mix who is now 5 months old and her name is Jenny. We still have the horses and chickens but a few months ago a neighbor was unable to take care of her 6 week old pot belly pig so we now have him and he's also 5 months. He's soooo funny and stays on my heels all the time. Hope to hear from others. Have a good week!
Sorry to hear about Livvy.
Looking forward to pics of piggie.
Love me; Love my dog
Old 09-10-2012, 05:33 PM   #9
elsasmom
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaR View Post
I dont post much anymore either, I have been busy with all the animals and kids. I think alot of people are now posting on facebook, which I really dont do. But I do miss reading all the happy stories people used to post.

Here is whats been happening with my gang

I will be picking up a new guide dog foster for pilot dogs tomorrow, a standard poodle. We turned Emily in 3 weeks ago.

I am going to be showing Summer soon now that she is finally starting to get some coat on her. I havent decided on what show though. There is one September 8-9th but Belle's pups will only be a couple of weeks old so i dont think i want to leave them home alone that long. I may just have to wait until the November show.

I also rescued a 6-7 week old kitten, that is mostly persian. He (Casper) was kept in a garage with a bunch of other cats. He has a severe case of fleas and earmites, also has tape and round worm on top of being anemic. He is scared of people but we are working with him.

My easter egger chickens are all laying eggs now and my 2 australialorps and barred rock chicks should be laying eggs soon. My son wants to get some broiler chicks to butcher, still thinking on that one. I can clean them no problem but I dont like killing them.

Kids are all back in school now. I cant believe my son is in 11th grade now my middle son is in 6th grade, and my youngest is in 3rd They grow so fast
pics of Casper please!!!
PS I love barred rock hens. My all-time friendliest hen was a barred rock

Last edited by elsasmom : 09-10-2012 at 06:11 PM.
Love me; Love my dog
Old 09-10-2012, 05:40 PM   #10
elsasmom
Been Around A While

Two weeks ago, I rescued a kitten too. A friend found her a rushed her to the vet. No diseases or parasites; just terrible starved. We adopted her and after a week of vomiting and runny stools, Ebony is finally thriving She gained 1 and a half pounds in 10 days and is the wildest, most lippy kitten ever.
My menagerie is currently Elsa and 4 indoor cats and 3 pampered chickens and 3 spoiled ducks (ducks are 5 years old now!)
Love me; Love my dog

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > K9 Mania Dog Park > General Discussion