Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Active Dogs > Active Dog General Talk » Dog Parks

Old 04-24-2008, 11:23 PM   #1
nikk
Been Around A While

Wink Dog Parks

Do any of you take your active pups to the Dog Parks?
I just recently moved to las vegas and I am shocked how many dog parks there are here. There are alot of parks in lv and almost everyone is a dog park. It is really a pretty neat experience for you and your pups.
nikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 02:33 PM   #2
Furbilator
Been Around A While

Until your dog has had a full set of vaccinations I wouldn't visit a dog park. By 'pups', if you mean adult dogs, then yes we visit the dog parks regularly. In the winter we go there every day, but in the summer we head out a little farther from home to a field where she can run for miles without bothering anyone. It is great for socialization and getting to meet like minded dog lovers. I don't do any training in the dog park though as she is either not paying attention or her training plugs (dummies) are stolen by other dogs. Hard to set up a training grid when other dogs pick up the plugs and move them LOL. I always get them back by the time we leave, which is all I care about when at the dog park.
Furbilator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 03:17 PM   #3
NoodlezxMama
Been Around A While

We just started going to the dogpark a couple weeks ago, but we've been going every night! Noodle loves it! And it's so rewarding for me to see him run around outside without a leash on.
NoodlezxMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 07:43 PM   #4
CerbiesMom
Been Around A While

We love the dog park! Cerbie tries to herd really big dogs, though. He was ankle biting a great dane the other day, but I called him off and he came back. He loves to run. Brigit follows me and looks at me. She's still not too sure of herself.
CerbiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 09:25 PM   #5
nikk
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furbilator View Post
Until your dog has had a full set of vaccinations I wouldn't visit a dog park. By 'pups', if you mean adult dogs, then yes we visit the dog parks regularly. In the winter we go there every day, but in the summer we head out a little farther from home to a field where she can run for miles without bothering anyone. It is great for socialization and getting to meet like minded dog lovers. I don't do any training in the dog park though as she is either not paying attention or her training plugs (dummies) are stolen by other dogs. Hard to set up a training grid when other dogs pick up the plugs and move them LOL. I always get them back by the time we leave, which is all I care about when at the dog park.
I agree with you on that all dogs should be fully vaccinated before going into the dog park. For their health and the other dogs health.
nikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 09:28 PM   #6
6dogmom
Been Around A While

Send a message via AIM to 6dogmom Send a message via MSN to 6dogmom
I can't go around here. The only one near me says no bully breeds allowed, it's to much action for max's hips, and Rocky only likes certain dogs. I would love to go. I would love to make one just for bully breed horse play. They do play rough but they deserve to do it too.
6dogmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 08:13 AM   #7
jacko
Site Regular

that was nice... my dog really need something different to walk around... want to see some pics..
jacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 12:32 PM   #8
luvsdogs
Been Around A While

I took April to our local dog park a number of years ago, twice. We were the only ones there. I don't know if its still a dog park.

April, (avatar), Apr 4 1993 - Feb. 11 2008.
luvsdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 12:37 PM   #9
ParkernPoppysMa
New Around Here

You're Lucky!!!

You're lucky in America - in England there isn't such a thing as a dog park. About 5 miles from where i live there is a park where everyone takes their dogs to - Darley Park in Derby, but it is packed at weekends and in nice weather with children, teenagers and drunks moaning about all the dogs!!!
ParkernPoppysMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 05:47 PM   #10
carrenb
New Around Here

Thumbs down charliemom

i took charlie yorshier terrier for the first time 3 wks ago, he did pretty good i didnt do so well he is a small dog and there was alot of large dog there who seems to want to play with him and he with them, i was a little nervous so we left early. they also have a space for small dogs but there was no dog on that side hopefully when we go again there will be some smaller dogs. I would feel more comfortable. we will try again, in a couple of weeks, just got neutered.
carrenb is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Active Dogs > Active Dog General Talk