Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Active Dogs > Canine Competive Athlete » First night of Dog Freestyle

Old 01-06-2009, 05:32 AM   #1
k9mania
Administrator

First night of Dog Freestyle

Well I took Blaze who is afraid of dogs and people and her own shadow for that matter. I knew we were in trouble when the instructor told me the place was too small for a crate. Then I got an email talking about group line dancing. With a dog that is afraid of dogs and herself? There were 3 veterans, Blaze who only has done flyball so is always "balls out" going when she does stuff and a dog that had like 7 agility titles, rally, and obedience. It was interesting to say the least. The people there are very interested in competing. I am just trying to find something Blaze and I can do together. And I do have any rhythm. I think the class is about 6 weeks long. I may take another dog one of the times. Indy would love all the moves. Blaze is afraid of the sound of a clicker so it is difficult to get her to listen. By the end of the 6 weeks, she will be used to her surroundings and ready to learn. But it is very expensive so 6 weeks will be it. By then, I will have all of the handouts and practice the moves with all of them. For those of you that want to bond with your dog, this would be a great activity.
k9mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:31 PM   #2
elsasmom
Been Around A While

Dog line dancing?

I've never heard of line dancing with dogs, but it sure sounds interesting. I think my Elsa would like it a lot. I'll have to see if we can find something like that in my area. We snowshoe in the winter, but it would be fun to find an indoor activity that we could do together also. If you can get pics of this, I'd love to see it.
Love me; Love my dog
elsasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 04:18 PM   #3
k9mania
Administrator

Snowshoeing. I bought snow shoes last year. I am thinking of going to the Sierras and taking 2 dogs at a time. Unfortunately, I have to drive about 2 hours to let the dogs run free and get good exercise.
k9mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 04:29 PM   #4
elsasmom
Been Around A While

Elsa loves going snowshoeing with me. She bounds ahead taking great leaps through the snow until she gets tired and then she follows in my tracks (sometimes stepping on the back of my snowshoes and almost tripping me up) We're really lucky to be surrounded by neighbors with large acreage who allow us to use their land for our enjoyment. I only have 10 acres but have access to a few 100. We just have to be careful to make noise and let the wildlife know we're coming so we don't have any close encounters.
Love me; Love my dog
elsasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:54 PM   #5
Jr_K9_Expert
Been Around A While

Send a message via AIM to Jr_K9_Expert
I've only recently heard of Doggy Musical Freestyle, I was also doing some reading on Rally-O, Flyball, and Earthdog Trials since I hardly know anything about dog sports, honest truth I didn't even know what Flyball really was until I read up on it. DMF sounds really cool, I think I'd just do it for fun around the house with Junior but not sure how well that would go.lol. On a side note, we'll all be seeing some dog-sport related questions on the Dog Quizzes for the K9 Daily Trivia!
-Steven

My dog article site - K9Domain
My dog blog - Dog Notes
Jr_K9_Expert is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Active Dogs > Canine Competive Athlete