Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Active Dogs > Canine Competive Athlete » Anyone doing Rally??

Old 11-03-2008, 08:51 PM   #1
speedwayspringer
Been Around A While

Send a message via AIM to speedwayspringer Send a message via Yahoo to speedwayspringer
Anyone doing Rally??

Is there any other folks doing Rally with their dogs competively? I have my Rally Noivce on both my Springers. We are working towards their Advanced titles for spring. I'm hoping to get my GSP pup his Novice title inthe spring also.
Visit my website at:
www.speedwaykennels.com
speedwayspringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 10:21 PM   #2
Jr_K9_Expert
Been Around A While

Send a message via AIM to Jr_K9_Expert
Nope not here, but it sounds like you are doing a great job, keep at it and I'm sure you'll gain the Advance titles in no time
-Steven

My dog article site - K9Domain
My dog blog - Dog Notes
Jr_K9_Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 02:47 PM   #3
gsdmama
Been Around A While

what is a rally?
rest in peace my little Nikko. until we meet again. momma misses you and her heart aches every time she thinks of you, wishing you were still here to play with Joey and Elsa.
gsdmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 04:05 PM   #4
Shara
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to Shara
Rally is a AKC obedience event where you follow signs that tell you to do things with your dogs. It is a very relaxed competition where you can clap, talk to your dogs, alot of things to get your dog to get through the course.

I am going to do the strict obedience trials first before going to Rally. Alot of people have told me that when doing Rally its easy to do, but gets hard, and if you ever want to go to strictly obedience your dog will not perform well.

If you are ever wanting to do Rally for the fun of it, I recomend taking serious strict obedience classes before. It will make Rally more easy and less stressful.
~Meredith
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥
Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 02:09 PM   #5
gsdmama
Been Around A While

interesting
rest in peace my little Nikko. until we meet again. momma misses you and her heart aches every time she thinks of you, wishing you were still here to play with Joey and Elsa.
gsdmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 06:23 PM   #6
speedwayspringer
Been Around A While

Send a message via AIM to speedwayspringer Send a message via Yahoo to speedwayspringer
gsdmama,

Rally is lots of fun to do with your dogs..and yes your dog can go into the Regular Obedience ring after rally. I teach regular obedience commands to my dogs and i very rarely need to speak to my girls they know all the hand signals of Regular obedience.
Rally is a good way to work on your Regular obedience things like, heeling and attention. I finished both the girl's novice title in 3 shows. my youngest girl had not been in the show ring when i started her novice title hunt, at her 2nd ever show she nailed the course with a 100.
now i'm working my GSP boy on obedience commands which also work in the conformation ring.
I can't wait to get his Noivce title on him. and the girl's Advanced titles and CD's in the spring.
If you go onto youtube and in put Rally obedience there are lots of videos to see what it's all about
Visit my website at:
www.speedwaykennels.com
speedwayspringer is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Active Dogs > Canine Competive Athlete