Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Health > Grooming » Dental grooming

Old 01-13-2010, 02:04 AM   #11
Foxman
New Around Here

Re: Dental Grooming

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxerbonkers View Post
Dental care is a really big issue in our practice and yet many owners still seem unaware of the options. We recomend daily brushing as a gold standard level of care and I now discuss this at all of my second vaccines for puppies so owners can get them used to it within the critical learning stage. I would love to see more people putting dental care into their standard dental dog grooming regime and reducing the numbers of extractions we have to do which are expensive to the owner but if left incredibly painful for the dog. Lets face it would you go a whole day without brushing your teeth and expect your breath to smell good?! and we dont lick the places they lick lol x
Dude, I couldn't agree with you more. In fact, most severe medical problems of our dogs are dental disease. To prevent oral disease, it is important to provide dogs with dental care, both professionally and at home. I brush my dog, Lisa, once a day and he seems to enjoy this experience of brushing teeth.

Foxman is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Health > Grooming