Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Health > Grooming » Steph and Danni..and all the k9 groomers! in here!

Old 07-12-2009, 10:35 PM   #11
Shara
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to Shara
Quote:
Originally Posted by turfgirl View Post
Hey guys, my biggest problem with the Princess is her eyes. I wash her face with warm water every night, but she still gets the stains under her eyes. I don't like the idea of using shampoo that close to her eyes. Some one at Pet Smart suggested toothpaste, anyone heard of that? Susan

Try stuff called "angel eyes" I wouldnt put toothpaste near my dogs eyes, I bet it would sting!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Angels-Eyes-Te...7438094&sr=8-1
~Meredith
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥
Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 11:07 PM   #12
turfgirl
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to turfgirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shara View Post
Try stuff called "angel eyes" I wouldnt put toothpaste near my dogs eyes, I bet it would sting!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Angels-Eyes-Te...7438094&sr=8-1
Thanks Shara: I will try and find it. I would assume I can get it at Pet Smart. At the time I took it with a grain of salt, glad I asked the experts lol. Just goes to show you that this K9 Family helps will all things Hugs Susan and the grateful Princess
turfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:19 AM   #13
NoodlezxMama
Been Around A While

Quote:
Thanks Shara: I will try and find it. I would assume I can get it at Pet Smart. At the time I took it with a grain of salt, glad I asked the experts lol. Just goes to show you that this K9 Family helps will all things Hugs Susan and the grateful Princess
Susan, I've been looking into Angel Eyes for Gizmo and his tear stains as well.. I believe it's 60 bucks for the smaller size.. so it's been put on my wishlist for now, as yes, he'd be even more beautiful without the tear stains, but at the same time they aren't hurting him so I can spend 60 bucks on things he needs more asap, like frontline and etc... I'm asking Santa for it this yr! lol

The Mckibbens

Leesa & Joshua
Belle & Tucker

NoodlezxMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 03:34 AM   #14
turfgirl
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlezxMama View Post
Susan, I've been looking into Angel Eyes for Gizmo and his tear stains as well.. I believe it's 60 bucks for the smaller size.. so it's been put on my wishlist for now, as yes, he'd be even more beautiful without the tear stains, but at the same time they aren't hurting him so I can spend 60 bucks on things he needs more asap, like frontline and etc... I'm asking Santa for it this yr! lol
You are right that is expensive, I will check it out and see the prices here. It bothers me more than her lol. The groomer does a great job, but that is every 5 weeks I was hoping to find a continuous solution. I will just keep washing her face every night. Thanks for the info Noodlez, great help as usual. Hugs Susan & Lexcee
Old 07-13-2009, 04:47 AM   #15
NoodlezxMama
Been Around A While

Quote:
You are right that is expensive, I will check it out and see the prices here. It bothers me more than her lol. The groomer does a great job, but that is every 5 weeks I was hoping to find a continuous solution. I will just keep washing her face every night. Thanks for the info Noodlez, great help as usual. Hugs Susan & Lexcee
I've been looking into tear stain solutions for a while now, angel eyes seems best, but I am also going to try the tear whipes put out by the AKC, too. I've heard of people using peroxide to bleach the stain, but i don't know how comfortable i am with putting that so close to his eyes. I've also heard that filtered water reduces staining, and that it's possible that the tear ducts need to be cleared.

The Mckibbens

Leesa & Joshua
Belle & Tucker

NoodlezxMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 11:00 AM   #16
turfgirl
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlezxMama View Post
I've been looking into tear stain solutions for a while now, angel eyes seems best, but I am also going to try the tear whipes put out by the AKC, too. I've heard of people using peroxide to bleach the stain, but i don't know how comfortable i am with putting that so close to his eyes. I've also heard that filtered water reduces staining, and that it's possible that the tear ducts need to be cleared.
Do't think I would use peroxide either, let me know if you find anything that works. In the meantime I guess we have to live with the tear stains lol. I know you feel the same as I do it is a small price to pay for our little babies.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:06 PM   #17
Danielle
Been Around A While

Quote:
Do't think I would use peroxide either, let me know if you find anything that works. In the meantime I guess we have to live with the tear stains lol. I know you feel the same as I do it is a small price to pay for our little babies.
Susan, there is no way to completely get rid of it mate, there are no special tricks or anything. You just have to keep the face as clean as possible and use products like angels eyes and tear stain remover. Although it will never fully disappear.

I wish there was some magic trick, if there was, all the show ppl would be using it! LOL!
Danielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 09:26 PM   #18
Jr_K9_Expert
Been Around A While

Send a message via AIM to Jr_K9_Expert
The peroxide trick is recommended in the Dog Owner Veterinary Handbook, I can't remember the concentration you have to use it at though, I believe its 1-10 Peroxide to water. Tears have chemicals that react to light turning it into a brown stain, the peroxide should counter the reaction. You know if you really look into it, I bet ya that Angel Tear or any other product have a hint of H2O2 in it. Course I could be wrong

But as Danni says, its not something that will go away. It also has a lot to do with the size of your dog's lacrimal lake, genetics, and diet.
-Steven

My dog article site - K9Domain
My dog blog - Dog Notes
Jr_K9_Expert is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Health > Grooming