Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Health > Grooming » waterless shampoo question

Old 09-15-2009, 01:59 PM   #1
dobesgalore
Been Around A While

waterless shampoo question

I am getting some waterless shampoo mostly for spot cleaning, but I am wondering, will it affect spot on flea treatments? I am thinking it won't since you don't rinse it off. The one I am going to use is Chris Christensen's Show Off. Its a real gentle formula. I just wanted your opions on it.Thanks in advance!
dobesgalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 05:06 PM   #2
Momto3
Been Around A While

Am betting that depends on the Spot-on you use. Frontline Plus is absorbed so there's no residual to wash off after 24 hours. Some spot-ons remain topical which would come off with the waterless shampoo. Think too - you may not use water to rinse off the waterless shampoo but you are towelling it off...

Just a curious. Do you like that stuff? I've tried some on one of my dogs but it was years ago and I didn't care much for it. Now I'm back to having an elder and I'm finding I could really use something like that again.
Sharon - Mom to Mozart, Monte, Merlin and Mylee! my boyz!
Momto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 05:13 PM   #3
dobesgalore
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto3 View Post
Am betting that depends on the Spot-on you use. Frontline Plus is absorbed so there's no residual to wash off after 24 hours. Some spot-ons remain topical which would come off with the waterless shampoo. Think too - you may not use water to rinse off the waterless shampoo but you are towelling it off...

Just a curious. Do you like that stuff? I've tried some on one of my dogs but it was years ago and I didn't care much for it. Now I'm back to having an elder and I'm finding I could really use something like that again.
I use k9 Advantix. I called and asked about the show off, and they said it would not affect spot on. I don't know. I guess I will find out.

I like Chris's Ice on Ice, but I have never tried this Show Off. I have used the waterless one by Miracle Coat and it seems like it worked well. If I don't like the Show Off, I will get the Miracle Coat one.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:34 PM   #4
sizzledobes
Site Regular

As long as it's after the 24 hour period it takes for most spot-ons to absorb, it should be fine.

I don't like self-rinse for long coated dogs, but I LOVE it for my dobes!
... and Ada the Demon Corgi
sizzledobes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 01:34 PM   #5
dobesgalore
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzledobes View Post
As long as it's after the 24 hour period it takes for most spot-ons to absorb, it should be fine.

I don't like self-rinse for long coated dogs, but I LOVE it for my dobes!
I talked to a groomer yesterday, and she said the same thing about the time frame. She also looked at the ingrediants and saw there are no bleaching agents, and no harsh chemicals so it should be fine.

Why don't you like it on longer coated dogs? I will be using it on our Australian Shepherd, but also on the dobes. I can't wait to try it!
Old 09-17-2009, 05:03 AM   #6
sizzledobes
Site Regular

I think it makes the longer coats sticky, and leaves a noticable film.

I'm sure it does the same thing to dobe coats, but since they have less coat it doesn't seem to be as noticable.
... and Ada the Demon Corgi
sizzledobes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 01:57 PM   #7
dobesgalore
Been Around A While

Well, I used The Show Off. As far as the white on Aussie, it was amazing! The whitest white I have seen in a while. On dark colors, his mereling I wasn't real thrilled. It didn't do all the color highlighting it said. I also used it in Coors, one of the Dobes and it really didn't seem to do anything. Not even a fresh clean scent like just after bathing. Also, the Advantix didn't get washed off because there is still no fleas or scratching. But, I will use it only for spot cleaning the white on Aussie.

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Health > Grooming