Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Health > Owner Health » Ouch.....

Old 08-03-2009, 09:34 PM   #1
Jr_K9_Expert
Been Around A While

Send a message via AIM to Jr_K9_Expert
Ouch.....

So, I went to play volley ball with a couple friend on saturday, I really love playing.lol. Well, for some dumb reason I hit a high ball with an open hand and it landed wrong on my fingers.... It hurt and when I saw my hand I was like....OMG thats NOT normal!!! The finger next to my middle finger was dislocated, it look so gross!! Idk what got into me but I slowly popped it back in place...I don't remember much pain I think it was either shock or the adrenaline.lol.

Right now its a bit swollen (not much) and it doesn't hurt too much provided I don't move it too much. But it was scary...this is the first time in my LIFE I've ever broken or dislocated anything.lol.

So has anyone had dislocated anything so that you guys could give me some tips on how to care for it? (Do's and don'ts)

P.S. Even after dislocating my finger I continued playing...am I dumb or what.lol.
-Steven

My dog article site - K9Domain
My dog blog - Dog Notes
Jr_K9_Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 09:52 PM   #2
Danielle
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr_K9_Expert View Post
So has anyone had dislocated anything so that you guys could give me some tips on how to care for it? (Do's and don'ts)

P.S. Even after dislocating my finger I continued playing...am I dumb or what.lol.
Im no nurse, but Id say you are okay to keep playing after injuring it. Ive broken toes and dislocated fingers before and dont think much of it.

I was trying to load a horse onto a float once and it wasnt happening. I eventually got in front section of float and started pulling. Horse decided he had enough and started rearing and pulling back. Finger got wrapped in lead rope and I almost got pulled over the chest bars as the horse flew backwards out of the float. Dislocated my shoulder and finger. Lost most of the skin off thumb too. Quite painful but I managed to clamber out of the truck and take off running and catch the damn horse.

I never sought medical attention for either injury. Dealt with them at home. Wish I had've for the shoulder.....injury was over a year ago and I still cant move the shoulder above my head.

If it is really bothering you, go to the dr's, but I think u will b ok.
Danielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 09:59 PM   #3
Jr_K9_Expert
Been Around A While

Ow Danni, and I'm complaining over a finger?lol. No it actually doesn't hurt too bad, and it didn't bruise like everyone said it would. Right now I have it bandaged above and below the joint, thats it.

Heh, I'm not going to a Dr's just so that they can bandage it and give me pain killers, then charge me for that. I can do it myself.lol.

You know....I was bumbed out that I didn't take a picture of it.lol. I swear my finger was a whole half an inch shorter!
-Steven

My dog blog - Dog Notes
Old 08-03-2009, 10:02 PM   #4
turfgirl
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to turfgirl
Sorry to hear you hurt yourself Jr, but you are young and it will probably happen again lol. Sorry don't mean to laugh, I have broken my left arm 3 times. First time I was 7 and tripped over a wire, second time I fell out of a tree and the third time I fell off my bike. On the third one it would not heal properly so they had to put a steel bar in my arm. I hope you feel better soon and take comfort in the fact that it is not broken. Hugs from Susan and Lexcee

PS: This should make you laugh every time I have to go through a metal detector I set it off and I have to show the scar on my arm.
turfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:32 PM   #5
Shara
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to Shara
I did a similar thing in middleschool playing teather ball, except I broke my growth plate...I would go to a doctor to make sure nothing is fractured,cracked, broken...I guess so long as it doesnt swell up majorly and turn diff colors you are okay...
~Meredith
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥
Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:48 PM   #6
ann_hawes
Been Around A While

One of my shoulder's dislocates from time to time, and it's close to impossible to get a shoulder back in yourself. I got it in once, maybe twice, but usually grab some brave soul to do it for me. The trick with a dislocation is to get it back where it belongs before the swelling starts, otherwise, it's much more difficult.

Silence is golden,
Duct tape is silver.
ann_hawes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:56 PM   #7
Momto3
Been Around A While

OUCH!!!! Have never dislocated anything but broken toes oh yeah. Nothing docs can really do. Once a fractured bone in my back when I got thrown from a horse. For that I went to the doctor cause I was in a HUGE amount of pain. Sent home with pain pills and a muscle relaxer - gee thanks. Oh...the knee. Fractured ridiculously and walked on it for two weeks before getting slammed while roller skating. Next day I had a football where my knee used to be.
Sharon - Mom to Mozart, Monte, Merlin and Mylee! my boyz!
Momto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:10 PM   #8
Jr_K9_Expert
Been Around A While

Turf- Hehe that would be fun...setting of metal detectors I mean.lol. I sure hope it doesn't happen again! If you ever come down to SoCal and see a crazy guy with pillows taped to his hands, arms, and legs...that'll be me...I'll make sure it doesn't happen, freaked me out!lol.jk.

Shara- Ya thankfully its doing well, if not I'll definitely go to the doc...I dislike going to the doctors though...*whines*

Ann- I guess it was good to pop it back in place right away then, huh? I've seen dislocated shoulders....wouldn't want one myself...

Momto3- Ya you know what I mean..about doctors just sending ya home with some pills.lol. A football for a knee...that definitely sounds like something pills wont help.
-Steven

My dog blog - Dog Notes

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Health > Owner Health