Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Health > Owner Health » P90X Users

Old 05-21-2009, 03:24 PM   #1
Furbilator
Been Around A While

P90X Users

CerbiesMom and HRCromley, you two have been using the P90X DVDs, how are they working for you?

I am considering purchasing them because I just can't seem to walk enough (6miles per day) to lose the weight (a lot of it ) and I think, strike that, I KNOW I need to be working out harder and follow a proper eating program. Is this program worth the money almost $200 bucks or should I start off with a cheaper, more readily available DVD program like Jillian Michael's DVDs first?

I have been a long time Weight Watchers follower, but I find that the weight loss stalls easily on that program alone.

Your opinion is really appreciated.

Furbs
All messages have been lab tested and approved!
Furbilator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 06:34 PM   #2
hcromley
Been Around A While

ive done both videos i started w/ jillians 30 day shred didnt lose alto of weight but i got alot stronger and could tell in my clothes cause they were fitting loser....i personally love p90x ive lost 15 pounds and just into the second month i can tell a huge differnce ive lost inches and body fat percentage went down from 21 to 18 so im building good lean muscle it is intense though an hour a night 6 nights a week and then one of those nights its 90min for the yoga, plus 3night a week you do ab ripper wich is horrible, but amazing at the same time. so the p90x is worth the money of course keep in mind you will also have to by weights and a pull up bar or bands i use the bands instead of pullup bar. there both good dvds but for major change and results ide do p90x
great pyrenees lover
hcromley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 07:16 PM   #3
k9mania
Administrator

AS a former coach and person who majored in physical education, I would go with the cheaper ones. I have seen the show and know what they ask of you. If you do that, walk, and eat sensibly you will get much more fit and healthy.
k9mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 07:27 PM   #4
Furbilator
Been Around A While

After the 90 days what then? I know that my weight loss will take longer than 90 days and I was wondering if you just repeat the program for another 90 days or is there something, another program that follows? I know you are not finished yet but a little more insight on the after would help. Most of the people on the before and after seem to be at or near their ideal weight and just needed to lose the last few hanging on pounds and tone up.

I may start out with the cheaper JM DVDs and then as I get to a plateau or nearer my goal I will reconsider the P90X. Or do you think it is a great program to both start and continue with though the whole weight loss and fitness journey? Is there enough variety to keep the fat fires burning for say six months to a year?

Again, your opinion is appreciated.

Furbs
Old 05-21-2009, 07:29 PM   #5
k9mania
Administrator

I would go with the cheaper ones. Don't ever do ones that give a time frame. It is a lifestyle change we should all make when trying to get more fit and healthy. Jillian knows her stuff. Use the Biggest Loser website also. Great information on diet and exercise
k9mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 07:43 PM   #6
Furbilator
Been Around A While

K9Mania, it is the time framed format that has me hesitant to purchase the product. The last thing I need is something that will be useless in three months and I already have a good eating plan (when I follow it ) in place so I was more interested in the techniques and how the program breaks down to specific commands - do this Monday; do that Tuesday, and so on. I will admit, if left to my own devices to figure out a program I tend to skip it. When I was with a personal trainer (could only afford 10weeks) I was doing great but as soon as I tried to do it alone I was sunk. I need someone or something to say...today you will be doing 10000000 sit ups...now suck it up buttercup!

Furbs
Old 05-21-2009, 10:38 PM   #7
CerbiesMom
Been Around A While

With the P90X, there are certain workouts you do every day. you work a different set of muscles every day. I've been slacking, I've yet to make it through a whole month. After you finish, I imagine you'd just do enough to maintain your muscle mass. I haven't worked out in about 2 weeks, it's everybody's bday this month, and I'm almost insane. I do like the workouts, though. I'm sure I'd like them more if I stuck to them.
CerbiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 11:45 PM   #8
2dogscrzy4ball
Been Around A While

I'm not hijacking your thread Furbs but has anybody tried the Wii fitness game with the mat and thingy that talks to you?
2dogscrzy4ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 04:57 AM   #9
hcromley
Been Around A While

dont freak about the time frame he says to do it as long as u feel you need to and that he just gives the 90 days as a starting point. to get where i want im gonna do it over so 180 days and then after that ill mix it up theres 13 dvds so plenty of variety and he shows you alternative ways to do it if its to challenging the jillian is also a time framed one 30 day shred and its good to start with but the p90x does work if you get threw it and you can find it cheaper we got it on ebay for 50 and got everything and were both doing it even my kids do it and were drowning in sweat after every workout

oh and the Wii fit is very fun but imnot sure how much workout you really get i dint think it did much i hardly broke a sweat and played on it for hours
great pyrenees lover
hcromley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 03:37 PM   #10
Furbilator
Been Around A While

HRC, I was thinking about purchasing it on eBay but I have never bought anything via eBay so I wasn't sure if it was reliable or if I would get everything that was offered directly through the company. How reliable are eBay purchases? Or is it pay your money take your chances?

What ever program I chose I think that the main ingredient to weight loss is just getting off my duff and doing it. <insert butt kick>

I want to restart my workout regiment June 1 so I had better get started and decide.

Thanks for all your help.

Furbs

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Health > Owner Health