Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > K9 Mania Dog Park > General Discussion » Fair Time Is Coming!!

Old 07-07-2013, 02:02 PM   #1
JessicaR
Been Around A While

Fair Time Is Coming!!

Its almost here only 15 more days My kids are showing dogs (of course) rabbits, chickens and ducks. We are going to have a very busy week!! This is my sons first time showing market animals at the fair, and our first time with meat chicks and ducks. Boy are they messy!!! Harley returns to guide dog school on the 26th We are going to take a break from raising a puppy for least a year. It really brings you down giving up a dog you raised for a year. I just really need a break.

Pepper (my oldest sheltie) is still hanging in there, I know the time is coming when we will need to make the big decision but for now I just cant do it. She is still eating and drinking fine, some days are better than others but for now she can still get up and walk so I will wait a little longer.

After loosing one of my hens to a hawk I got 4 more chicks. I now have 12 hens, getting lots of eggs from them! I really would like to get some silkie chicks, and some call ducks! That may be a project for the future.

Hope everyone's been having a good summer so far.
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:16 AM   #2
ann_hawes
Been Around A While

Good luck at the fair! I'm sure the kids and dogs will do well!

Silence is golden,
Duct tape is silver.
ann_hawes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:36 PM   #3
JessicaR
Been Around A While

Only a couple more days to go! We have to get the ducks and chickens bathed before they go to the fair Sunday. The rabbits, ducks and chickens have to stay all week. The dogs show on Monday and Thursday. Luckily the weather is supposed to be cooler, low 80's instead of the mid 90's!
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > K9 Mania Dog Park > General Discussion