Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Health > Senior Health » Freakin Out-GeeGee

Old 06-08-2010, 04:32 PM   #1
Shara
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to Shara
Freakin Out-GeeGee

This is really bad, she has had diareah for 2 nights, and wouldnt eat yesterday. This morning she wouldnt eat, so I pureed some dog food and stuck it in a suringe and got her to eat that way.

I am scared shitless at this point because we were doing so well, she gained some weight now, practically overnight shes lost it all.

I gave her nutrical through a suringe as well, and some clay thats suppose to help with diareah.

I need to call her "mom" to let her know all this but I dont want to down her hopes...this is the worst possition to be in EVER.

This dog is knocking on Heavens door and I dont know what to do. Ive already took her to the vet once...
~Meredith
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 06:40 PM   #2
Momto3
Been Around A While

Sounds like her previous Mom didn't disclose everything to you about the pooch. She definitely needs to go back to the vet ASAP. This is the bad part about rescue. You don't wanna say I can't take that dog with all those health problems but if rescue didn't take it, what's the alternative? So, a lot of people who can't handle the cost of their sick dog's needs don't tell or simply dump the critter at rescue hoping it can get help. I know when I agreed to "foster" Coco I was not told he was near 13 and full of tumors and needed some expensive eye meds and liked to bite. All I was told was he was maybe 10 years old, male parti-color - your favorite Sharon!. Wasn't told he was near dead and covered in poop up to his supply hole either. Surprise surprise! I had a job then so I was able to help him live out his years. Now I'm unemployed...oh poo who am I kidding? I'd still take him in a heartbeat! Coco just needed his own human to love and a lot of patience.
Sharon - Mom to Mozart, Monte, Merlin and Mylee! my boyz!
Momto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:57 PM   #3
Jr_K9_Expert
Been Around A While

Send a message via AIM to Jr_K9_Expert
Aw man that stinks that you are going through this.... did your last vet visit help at all? No idea whats causing it? If its not viral or bacterial, maybe she needs to have a full blood panel done to check for any abnormalities.
-Steven

My dog article site - K9Domain
My dog blog - Dog Notes
Jr_K9_Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 12:12 AM   #4
Shara
Been Around A While

I talked to the vet over the phone, since she is booked solid for 2 days, and we got an appointment in on Thursday if she isnt well.

I ran to the vet to pick up some medicine (a 45min drive there, 45min back), a antibiotic. She thinks its her colon or small intestines, because she strains when she goes.

I dont know, I cannot wait for Friday to come...

Shes eatting babyfood (chicken and turkey and veggies) because she wont eat anything else. I am having to feed her with a suringe...

Yes, the previous foster sugar coated EVERYTHING about her.

I hope she makes it to her Mom...thats what EVERYONE is hoping for.
~Meredith
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 06-09-2010, 12:22 AM   #5
bootscar1
Been Around A While

I'm so sorry that you are going through all this and yeah I think they sugar coat alot for the rescues. I hope everything goes ok for you and the pup my thoughts are with you guys !

Judy
bootscar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 03:34 AM   #6
Shara
Been Around A While

Thanks guys for all the warm thoughts, prayers, and advice. Friday cannot get here fast enough...

Shes eatting lots of baby food and taking her meds...
~Meredith
Old 06-16-2010, 11:23 AM   #7
Momto3
Been Around A While

Calling for a pupdate!!!! I need news.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:28 PM   #8
Shara
Been Around A While

We made the 7 hr trip and she did well. The new Forever Mom was very upset because it was major mis-representation. They think she is a mix of long haired chihuahua and papillon (The lady has a SMALL papillon and GeeGee is TINY compared to her small one...). The lady did not understand why they spent hundreds and thousands of dollars for her because she is in such bad shape she prolly wont live very much longer. But she has such high spirits she might just surpise us all.

She doesnt care now because she is hers now. She totally understood why I wanted to take her to the vet, and how I was so conserned.

Her new name is Ducky, after all she does sound like one!

She quickly became at home, finding her "spot" and guarding it and staying in it. She picked it, and it was really cute.

She also is not potty trained, and we had to use doggy diapers the whole time. Another 'mis-representation'...also reading her emails about her leaping and jumping to extreams is just icing on the cake. She can barly walk let alone jump and leap. This is not the first time this lady has delt with the foster mom and her extravagant stories.

She is going to the vet th 18th for teeth cleaning and check up so I will get news from that visit =)

This will be my one and ONLY Paphaven rescue. We have both decided this because of the decisions Paphaven took because I took the sick dog to the vet with the owners permission and consent...

The Paphaven director and the foster mom attacked the OWNER for allowing me to take her to the vet for a wellness check. We both agree it was because the Paphaven Foster mom knew she was in bad shape and didnt want it documented. Long story short.
~Meredith
Old 06-17-2010, 11:24 AM   #9
Momto3
Been Around A While

Well at least she's home now and hopefully has a happy ever after. Good job!

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Health > Senior Health