Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Show Dogs > What is it all about? » What breed do you show?

Old 06-06-2009, 06:47 PM   #11
snazyminis
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfwalker View Post
Which I knew, and is also why I didn't enter my Giant Schnauzer in the photo show.
Wimp!

snazyminis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 07:43 PM   #12
Wolfwalker
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by snazyminis View Post
Wimp!

True!

I'm not having you criticise her eyebrows again.
Wolfwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 09:27 AM   #13
snazyminis
Been Around A While

I could just trim them for you then!
Old 06-13-2009, 04:36 PM   #14
CerbiesMom
Been Around A While

Quote:
I should have added that I used to show my Labradors but fell out of love with showing following an incident at a show where an attempt was made to knobble my dogs while they were benched. I have never shown my GS.
can I ask what knobble is? It doesn't sound good.
CerbiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 11:27 AM   #15
Wolfwalker
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerbiesMom View Post
can I ask what knobble is? It doesn't sound good.
I caught a fellow competitor walking past my dogs (and others too) and throwing chocolate onto the benches. I reported her to the show officials (goodness knows what was, or could have been, in it) and they took no action. In fact she went on to receive two rosettes later that day. That was my last day of showing my dogs.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:49 AM   #16
Howler
Been Around A While

crikey that sound a bit dodgy!

I have never shown any of mine although my first dog a springer was from championship stock, his pedigree was a mile long but he was the daftest dog ive ever known. again with my bichon, he looked nothing like any bichon ive ever seen, if anything he resembed a fox, so now im sticking to my mutt.

Ive never been to a proper show though, i might have to take myself along and see how it all works.
Howler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 02:42 PM   #17
CerbiesMom
Been Around A While

Quote:
I caught a fellow competitor walking past my dogs (and others too) and throwing chocolate onto the benches. I reported her to the show officials (goodness knows what was, or could have been, in it) and they took no action. In fact she went on to receive two rosettes later that day. That was my last day of showing my dogs.
OMG that's terrible. Just the chocolate would be bad, let alone anything she added to it. I would have to opt out of showing after something like that as well.
CerbiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 01:13 PM   #18
snazyminis
Been Around A While

Quote:

did you put your 35 down and make it official?
Old 06-25-2009, 11:32 PM   #19
Wolfwalker
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by snazyminis View Post
did you put your 35 down and make it official?
As it wasn't a complaint about the show or it's organisers, but the action of another compeditor, they didn't actually ask me for a deposit. They did ask me to put it in writing, and I admit that I didn't. It was a good while into the day and I didn't want to be messing around writing a detailed complaint. By the time I had done that I would have missed the sporting brace class. I was more concerned that if my two dogs had shown any ill effects that the complaint was registered with the show officials. I regret now that I did not formalise the complaint by submitting it in writing at the time.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:13 AM   #20
Danielle
Been Around A While

I remember something similar happened at a show I was at years ago. This was at the time I was breeding "ragdolls" and was showing them.

I caught a woman squirting water into my females cage and poking my male with a stick. I gave her an earbashing and told her in no uncertain terms that she was not to come near my animals again. I knew why she did it, my two were the only direct competition for her boy and she just wanted to put me at a disadvantage that day. Sad really.

Ive head of ppl knobbling others dogs, but Ive never seen it though. Dont know what Id do if i did see it.
Danielle is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Show Dogs > What is it all about?