Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Show Dogs > What is it all about? » My dogs in the AKC

Old 12-31-2009, 01:38 PM   #1
6dogmom
Been Around A While

Send a message via AIM to 6dogmom Send a message via MSN to 6dogmom
My dogs in the AKC

I would love to title Joey in obedience for the AKC. Is there a group that I can enter him into? My dogs are not recognized by the AKC so could I enter him as like a mixed breed or something like that? We have an AKC club not far from my home and was just wondering if this was an option.
Any advise would be helpful.
Thank you.
6dogmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 10:26 PM   #2
Shara
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to Shara
What if I own a dog that is recognized as a “purebred” by organizations other than the
AKC but is not yet recognized as a purebred by the AKC? Can I participate in AKC
mixed-breed classes?
Yes. You would be eligible to enroll in the mixed-breed program. However, your dog would
be required to be spayed or neutered and would be designated as a mixed breed.

http://www.akc.org/mixedbreeds/index...ea=mixedbreeds

The mixed breed thing is the only thing I can think of, as American pits are not even in the FSS (foundation stock service)

The first events that mixed dogs can compete in is April 1st.

The big kick on this program is that the mixed dogs cannot compete on the same day as the pure. So clubs are going to have to sanction matchs just for mixed dogs. Which is going to be costly and I doubt will happen...its hard putting together a pure bred show let alone mixed.
~Meredith
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥
Shara is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Show Dogs > What is it all about?