Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Active Dogs > Flyball Dogs » hi

Old 07-16-2008, 12:46 AM   #1
LadyGemStone
Site Regular

Send a message via MSN to LadyGemStone
Question hi

hi i want to start my own flyball club in cardiff eventually is there any tips you can give me before i do but it will be about a year or two before i start my club up i just need to get everything first and because i have only just turned 16 i have to save up and i also i want to get an agility club started up and i also need to get everything for that including the land for it all, but i wont be competeing at bfa level i will be competing at cruftd level unless BFA is alot easier to start up
All I Do Is For My Dogs!!!!
LadyGemStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 10:06 AM   #2
Warwickshire_Flyball
Site Regular

Crufts Flyball

Hiya Ladygemstone,

Crufts Flyball is a bit more complicated than BFA to compete in - anyone can set a club up but the club has to be registered with the Kennel Club in order to compete and try out for Crufts. I think it can be quite a long process to get KC registered (does anyone else have any more info on this for ladygemstone?) but another option that some flyball clubs take is to join alongside an obedience/agility club that is already KC registered who are willing to have them run under their banner...

Hope that helps a bit, if you want anymore info then you can e-mail me on joanne.hicks@uk.millwardbrown.com as we have set up our own BFA flyball club and could tell you a bit about it... Bristol Ballistics are probably your closest club for now and your regional rep should be able to give you more info if you decide to go down the BFA route instead...

http://www.flyball.org.uk/official/regional1.php
Warwickshire_Flyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 05:38 PM   #3
LadyGemStone
Site Regular

yes but i wouldnt mind joining but how much is it per year and when do you train like what days do you train
Old 07-16-2008, 05:51 PM   #4
Warwickshire_Flyball
Site Regular

Hi there,
Were you after details for the Bristol club? I have inserted their website below for you but couldn't see any details of when or where they train (maybe I have just missed it though!) they also have a contact section on there...
http://www.bristolballistics.org.uk/

We train on Saturday mornings near Stratford in the Midlands but it is quite far from you so would be a horrible early start
Old 07-19-2008, 01:33 PM   #5
LadyGemStone
Site Regular

hi if i could get there then i would be more than happy to join you but my bitch might be pregnant so i will have to join in a few months time but by then i might have my own club up and running
Old 07-19-2008, 01:35 PM   #6
LadyGemStone
Site Regular

also what station would it be as there are lots of stratford is it stratford upon aven???
Old 07-20-2008, 08:48 AM   #7
Warwickshire_Flyball
Site Regular

Yeah, that's probably the nearest station but we are a pain to get to on public transport as we're in a small village outside Stratford and no station there!
Are you in the YKC - lots of flyball at camp next week!
Old 07-20-2008, 09:09 AM   #8
LadyGemStone
Site Regular

wats the YKC if its kennel club no becuase welsh sheepdogs are not on the kennel club breeds its just like harriers basically
Old 07-20-2008, 05:56 PM   #9
Warwickshire_Flyball
Site Regular

It's the Young Kennel Club Camp - YKC is open to anyone under 25 and it doesn't matter what breed of dog you have - pedigree or not, rescue etc...
Old 09-08-2008, 10:46 PM   #10
LadyGemStone
Site Regular

where can i get involved with that then and it would have to be on a weekend or school holiday as im fulltime in college and i dont want to interfeer with it all

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Active Dogs > Flyball Dogs