Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Other Issues > Not about K9 stuff » Oprah in Australia

Old 01-20-2011, 05:45 AM   #1
sandyb
Been Around A While

Oprah in Australia

Has anyone watched the Oprah Winfrey show made in Australia? I'll be interested to hear what you think of the way she has presented our country to you.
sandyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 01:05 PM   #2
Shara
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to Shara
I didnt see the episodes but I remember the episode where shes like "Yall are ALL going to AUSTRALIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

Wish I was in the audience!!!

I know a lot of ppl in Australia so I know a lil about the diff places and such.

Maybe I can youtube the shows or something
~Meredith
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥
Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:03 AM   #3
sandyb
Been Around A While

What's up? Does nobody watch Oprah any more?
sandyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 03:53 PM   #4
Furbilator
Been Around A While

Don't worry Sandy, of the show that I watched, Oprah didn't do a good or bad job of representing Australia to her viewers. She is rather benign and not as popular as she once was. I watched for Hugh Jackman and that was it, I was glad he wasn't seriously hurt with his zipline stunt though.

I don't watch Oprah unless someone special is on and I wouldn't doubt that her network will fizzle rather quickly. Over the past ten years Oprah has polarized her viewership rather badly. Between her political stance with Obama (she failed to stay neutral on her show...big mistake), her religious and moral superiority lecturing (or at least I see it that way) and her overall change from the everyday gal people could relate to, to the diva she has become she lost many dedicated viewers. Once she finishes her show she will loose most of the influence she once had on peoples opinions. They have been showing (repeatedly the same shows ) a selection of her new programming on one station and in my opinion, her network isn't particularly unique or special to have any sort of staying power. But then I could be wrong...

Australia is and will always be my dream destination to vacation...now to finance it. LOL
All messages have been lab tested and approved!
Furbilator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 04:54 AM   #5
BetterDog4U
Been Around A While

Oprah who??? j/k ...
- Michael -

Full of Life ... and Herself - Visit PATCHS' Website
Loving Friend & Faithful Companion - Visit NEKA's Memorial Website
My Little Buddy for 15+ Years - Visit CHIP's Memorial Website
BetterDog4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:48 AM   #6
woozy
Site Regular

Send a message via MSN to woozy
yeah don't think people watch opera anywhere near as much as they used to, but i do hear that they think she made us look ok. we do ok advertising our own country as it is i think with our campains that we have.
woozy is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Other Issues > Not about K9 stuff