Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Active Dogs > Recreational Dogs » Backpacking

Old 02-13-2009, 06:04 PM   #1
CerbiesMom
Been Around A While

Backpacking

Cerbie wore his backpack last night on our walk. I think he enjoyed it, he was very pleased with himself. He carried my cell phone, the flashlight, my keys and the poo baggies. We even had a few loose dogs bark at us, and CErb didn't even respond with his usual play with me whine. I'd forgot I even bought that backpack. I think I have a doggie shopping problem
CerbiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 06:36 PM   #2
sarap
Been Around A While

He sounds like he liked the responsibillity. I think I have a dog shopping problem too
Dogs are people too!
sarap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 08:54 PM   #3
Jr_K9_Expert
Been Around A While

Send a message via AIM to Jr_K9_Expert
Aw, I think he was really proud of himself for having been of assistance, wonder if a pack back is the answer for Junior's occasional leash problems...
-Steven

My dog article site - K9Domain
My dog blog - Dog Notes
Jr_K9_Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 07:51 PM   #4
Tuckerdad
Been Around A While

I am hoping to go backpacking with Tucker, this summer, meant to do it last year, but never did happen. Gonna go to the pet supply store I use, and check out their packpacks.
Tuckerdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 05:47 PM   #5
elsasmom
Been Around A While

Just found this thread. I'd love to have Elsa carry some of our stuff in a backpack. I carry all of it now. (first aid stuff, cell phone, treats, pocketknife, sunscreen, ect.) She could carry the lighter things. Where do you suggest as a good supplier of comfortable and durable backpacks for dogs?
Love me; Love my dog
elsasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 07:53 AM   #6
sandyb
Been Around A While

I bought one of these for Jett from our local stockfeeder - bit far for you to come shopping, but I'm sure lots of places carry them now!! Ours has 2 water bottles and several pockets in it - it's great for a long walk in the bush.
sandyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:29 PM   #7
CerbiesMom
Been Around A While

I got mine at petsmart, but I don't really like the way it fits him. I've started looking online, but nothings caught my eye yet.
CerbiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 08:12 PM   #8
Shara
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to Shara
http://shop.ebay.com/items/?_nkw=mou...pack&_osacat=0

This is the one I got Tigger...It comes with a little blanket, 2 travel dishes (food and water) a leash and then the backpack. It stays on him very well, infact perfectly...I put 5-10 pounds on him, 2 bottles of water, his frisbees fit in there, along with any training equipment. It has reflective material on it so at night you can be seen.

I actually got the medium sized one for 1/2 off...because it was refurbished...I kinda stumbled on it...

Absolutly nothing was wrong with it, just had been returned by some other customer (wrong size I assume). He does turn heads when walking him...not many people walk their dog and sure dont have backpacks on them hahaha.

I never leave his backpack at home unless I want to take a faster walk with Tigger.

~Meredith
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥
Shara is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Active Dogs > Recreational Dogs