Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Active Dogs > Recreational Dogs » Favorite Dog Beaches

Old 02-19-2008, 06:01 PM   #11
LindaOC
New Around Here

The beach in Del Mar, CA is a nice dog beach. We live near Huntington Dog Beach, so that is the beach we go to. The responsible dog people who frequent this beach have been able to keep it dog friendly. They provide doggy bags and have beach cleaning parties. Their website is www.dogbeach.org.
LindaOC
LindaOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 07:43 PM   #12
k9mania
Administrator

There is the key...responsible dog owners. I hate it when people come and expect other dogs to babysit theres. But ah, the beach is so cool for the dogs. The problem with Del Mar is that it is not supposed to be off leash after school gets out because of tourism. Also when it rains they worry about sewage spills. So you are not suppose to go for a day or two after rain.
k9mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 08:28 PM   #13
gismo
Been Around A While

you can drink this vater.Lanvetersjö. in sveden.

By bullten, shot with GZ-MG21 at 2007-06-08
gismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 11:03 PM   #14
k9mania
Administrator

My dogs would be there in a heartbeat. What a great photo.
k9mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 11:48 PM   #15
BichonFowner
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by nusee View Post
Has your dog ever gone to a dog beach? I like to travel. If you have a favorite dog beach please tell us about it. Mine is in Del Mar, California. It is on HWY 101 on a nice sandy beach just a stones throw from the Del Mar Race Track and county fairgrounds. My flyball team goes to a tournament there every July just for the beach in that we live 21/2 hours from the beach.
I took my dog to Del Mar Dog beach today. It was his first time ever! I wasn't sure how he was going to do, but he had a blast. He didn't bark at any dogs or show aggression at all. He absolutely loved it. My kids want to go back tomorrow. He was doing a lot of bum smelling and I hope once I get him fixed, that will stop. It was kind of embarrassing and he was ignoring my commands to not continue. He was having so much fun though. I heard Del Mar dog beach is one of the better beaches to go to because the owners actually keep an eye on their dogs not just let their dogs roam unattended.
BichonFowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 07:13 AM   #16
sandyb
Been Around A While

We have 2 lovely dog beaches within 5 minutes of home, and several others just a little further away. Great for a hot afternoon. The surf is a bit rough locally though, so we need to be aware, but often it's just me and my dog on the entire stretch of sand. Bliss!!
sandyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 02:37 PM   #17
alison
Site Regular

I agree the States are more dog friendly than us lot!! I take Frank to a place in Norfolk called Bacton - famous for its Gas works....., seriously it is a lovely beach there and dogs are allowed all year.
We are off in a few weeks, just me and Frank, we stay on a lovely park which is totally dog friendly, lets just hope we have not had our summer already!
alison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 01:55 AM   #18
Leslie_N_Chessies
Been Around A While

Sort of an old post, but thought I'd post my favorite dog beach anyway

We head over to Coronado Dog Beach (San Diego area) as often as possible. Nice wide stretch of beach about a half mile long. Though it gets a little crowded in the summers, it's nice and quiet in the mornings and evenings...

Leslie_N_Chessies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 03:26 AM   #19
BichonFowner
Been Around A While

[quote=Leslie_N_Chessies;43709]Sort of an old post, but thought I'd post my favorite dog beach anyway

We head over to Coronado Dog Beach (San Diego area) as often as possible. Nice wide stretch of beach about a half mile long. Though it gets a little crowded in the summers, it's nice and quiet in the mornings and evenings...

Is it "off-leash" all year long? At Del Mar dog beach, it is mandatory leash law between June 19th or so until right after Labor Day, September due to tourist season. I've gone when it was non-leash and went when it was the leash law, however people had their dogs off leash....I didn't get it. Everyone I asked didn't know when the law took place and I guess were taking their chances. So, of course, I took the leash off mine. Thank goodness I didn't get a fine.
BichonFowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 02:33 PM   #20
Leslie_N_Chessies
Been Around A While

Another San Diegan
Yes, our dog beach is open all year long. I can see where it would be confusing with only certain hours and days you can take your dog to the beach.
I have haven't been to too many other dog beaches in the county. Only Coronado and Fiesta Island. We may have to take some field trips!!
Leslie_N_Chessies is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Active Dogs > Recreational Dogs