Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Other Issues > Rescue Forum » Basset Hound

Old 05-26-2010, 05:14 PM   #21
Shara
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to Shara
I think I am just going to stick with Paphaven...because it is an organized rescue organization that I am going to be a full member of...DAWGS I cannot be a member of, I asked previously, they will write a statement saying that I have "helped them" ect...but they have no membership or anything...wierd...

If I find strays out on the street, that will be a diffrent story as I will take them in and give to DAWGS, but I cant afford to pay AND play their game at the pound at this time...

Sherlock is registered in my name, even the micro chip...not sure how that is going to be changed when he finds a new home.

I threw a FIT at the pound, I wasnt going to take a neuter other than today. I am going to be gone, and so he is going tomarrow to DAWGS. I made the girl at the pound work, she didnt like it much lol...She doesnt even like animals, she stated! She couldnt even tell people which cage an animal was in...so stupid.

I get to spend 1 day with him...so sad. Feed him some good food, and show him some love before he goes to find a home.
~Meredith
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 08:37 PM   #22
Momto3
Been Around A While

Wonder why rescues are so dang clique-ish?! They should be happy as clams for the free labor! The one I used to volunteer for no longer sends me the twice per year beg for money which suits me just fine. I'll send my money (if I ever have any in the future) to the Humane Society here or save it in a special account for all the Mylees which are to pop up in my life!

The microchips can be transferred easily. Takes a letter or a phone call from the previous owner to the chip people and they make the changes in the database. A rescue pretty much has carte blanche. IE: they just tell the chip company that such critter has been in rescue X amount of time and now adopted to Sharon. Registration transfers at no cost to Sharon. Monte, Coco, and Charlie were done that way. Myles has a Home Again chip but I have not registered it yet. The pound already let them (Home Again) know I have the dog but once I put all my info on-line for him it will be harder and cost $$ for a new owner to claim his chip...so I hear since I am not a rescue. While I'm reasonably sure he's home - period...well it was not my intention to keep him. There is someone interested in him but we shall see. The guy (I think) is more interested in my parti-colored very flashy ones which I will NOT part with.
Sharon - Mom to Mozart, Monte, Merlin and Mylee! my boyz!
Momto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 06:10 AM   #23
Shara
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to Shara
Big Boy Sherlock is gone from my house, but I really wanted to keep him. He had a wonderfull temperment and was good on the leash.

The lady took him from me and got him to run with her, to get him excited to go with her, he ran in his silly way with her.

The only negative, if you can call it a negative, is that he wants company, either a fellow k9 or a person, if none is around he cries and howls.

He will not go to a single dog home, as he needs companionship, unless he is a inside dog.

I will be posting pics of him soonish =)
~Meredith
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Shara is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Other Issues > Rescue Forum